In the past, we have seen Instagram copying a lot of features like stories from Snapchat. This time around its Snapchat who has taken a leaf out of Instagram’s book. A month back Instagram added GIF stickers in stories and now Snapchat has added them too. GIFs were something that was missing in the popular app among millennials. With the latest update, it is now possible to add GIF stickers to your snaps. In this tutorial, we have mentioned the steps to help you to get GIF on Snapchat without any trouble on Android and iPhone.
Similar to Instagram, the GIF feature on Snapchat is also powered by GIPHY – the largest database of animated GIFs. Adding moving GIFs to your photos and videos is definitely going to liven up your snaps even more. So, without any further ado here are the steps to add GIF on Snapchat.
Get GIF On Snapchat
Update the Snpachat app to the latest version from the respective app stores. After successfully updating it follow the method below.
I have used the screenshots from the iPhone app but there is no difference for Android users.
- Launch Snapchat and take a snap or upload one from Camera Roll as you would usually do.
- Now, tap on the sticker icon on the right-hand side.
- Search a word and all the related GIFs for that will appear under GIPHY section at the top.
- Select the desired GIF. After that, you can adjust the size of the GIF sticker using pinch and zoom. If you wish you can add multiple GIFs to the same snap.
- In case you are not happy with the selected GIF then you can remove it from your snap by holding and dragging it to the trash icon and it will be deleted from the photo/video.
- Once you’re done, simply tap on the right arrow icon to add the snap to your story or send it privately in chat.
We hope that you were able to get GIF on Snapchat. Does this new addition make you happy? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.