Snapchat is fun and unique because you don’t have to bother about handpicking the perfect picture or selfie to share with friends. The self-destructing nature of snaps and chats makes it instantaneous and suitable to share anything from your commute to you having evening snacks. However, if you have had issues in the past with the chats getting disappeared as soon as they are seen then you’ll like the latest update. Now, you can choose to keep chats for 24 hours on Snapchat after they’re viewed. Read on to learn the steps!
As required on most of the occasions you need to update the Snapchat app for Android and iOS if you want to make use of this feature. In case the other friend doesn’t have the latest version which supports this feature then you won’t be able to enable it for them.
Keep Chats For 24 Hours After Viewing On Snapchat
1. Open Snapchat and go to Chats by tapping on the Chat icon at the bottom left icon.
2. Now, select the conversation of the friend for whom you want to prevent the chats from getting deleted.
3. After that, tap on the Menu (Hamburger icon) at the top left.
4. In the Menu, hit Delete Chats…
5. By default, it is set to After Viewing. Change it by selecting 24 Hours after Viewing.
When you do this, the setting is turned on for both the parties which means that the chats will be saved automatically for 24 hours in the conversation on both phones.
After 24 hours the chats will be deleted automatically.
1. You will be able to see the earlier saved chats by scrolling down in the conversation.
2. Anyone can change the setting in the conversation.
3. The setting is available on per chat basis. So, you need to enable it for each chat individually if desired.
4. All the chats in the conversation will be saved automatically for 24 hours.
If you want to keep the chats in a conversation forever then you will have to archive or save them individually.
Personally, I end up opening the chat and miss to read the message and then it disappears when I open it again. It’s irritating when I ask the friend to send the message again. So, definitely, I am going to choose to delete the chat after 24 hours. How about you? Let us know in the comments down below.