As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Deleting a contact on an iOS device is really easy and can be achieved in a matter of few taps. However, if you wish to remove all the contacts at once then deleting contacts individually would turn out to be a mundane task and a waste of time really. iOS doesn’t have a direct feature to delete all contacts at once but that doesn’t mean you cannot do it. Follow this tutorial to delete all contacts on iPhone/iPad at once without much manual work.
It is better to reset your iOS device if you are looking to wipe out all the data. In that case, you may even erase data on iPhone from iCloud. But resetting the device is a poor option to go for if you want to only remove the contacts. Here’s how you can quickly clear all the contacts on iPhone.
Delete All Contacts on iPhone/iPad at Once
1. Open Settings app and select Mail.
2. Under Mail, select Accounts.
3. Next, tap on iCloud.
4. Now, toggle the Contacts to Off and select Keep on My iPhone.
5. Toggle the Contacts to On again and select Merge.
This will make sure that all your Contacts on your iPhone till date are backed up on iCloud. The backup comes in handy when you want to restore contacts to a different iPhone/iPad. Contacts can then easily be restored from iCloud either using iTunes or with the help of software’s like MobileTrans.
6. You need to play with the Contacts toggle button again and turn it Off but this time select Delete from My iPhone.
Most of the contacts will be removed after this step but you might want to proceed further to clear up everything.
7. Head back to the Accounts screen and select Email account – Gmail, Yahoo etc. you might have added.
8. Toggle the Contacts to Off and select Delete from My iPhone.
Similarly, delete the contacts associated with other added Email accounts on your iPhone.
9. Now, the remaining contacts on iPhone will be from Facebook. In order to delete them open Settings and select Facebook.
10. Toggle the Contacts to Off.
With this, you have deleted all contacts on iPhone/iPad.
We strongly recommend you to go through the following iPhone tutorials as well.
We hope that you found this method easy and quick to delete all the iPhone contacts at once. Do share it with your friends on social media and they might very well thank you later.
Do you know of any better way to get rid of all the contacts on iPhone? Please share with everyone in the comments.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.