The Instagram business account holders or the users who are serious about their Instagram account have a habit of cleaning up and optimizing their profile by deleting a few photos or videos uploaded earlier on their profile. How often does it happens that you want that particular deleted photo or video back to your profile? The best you can do is upload that certain photo/video again. But the likes and comments on that post are lost. To overcome such situation, Instagram has launched hide or Archive feature. This latest feature will allow you to archive or hide Instagram posts.
Hide Instagram Posts(Photos or Videos)
In order to start utilizing the Archive feature, you will have to update the Instagram app to the latest version(10.22 or later)
After you update the app follow the steps below.
1. Launch the Instagram app and go to your profile screen by tapping on the profile icon at the bottom right.
2. Under your Profile, tap on the specific photo or video which you wish to hide from your profile.
3. On the screen, where your photo or video is opened you need to tap on the 3 dots icon at the top right just above the post and select Archive.
With this, that particular photo or video will be hidden from your profile. It will be moved to a different folder named Archive in your account. Similarly, you can archive other posts on your profile if desired.
Now, you might be wondering what happens when I archive my posts? What advantage archiving has over deleting the posts completely. Here’s everything you need to know.
What happens When You Archive Instagram posts?
- The archive post doesn’t lose its likes or comments.
- You can view likes and comments on the archived post which were there before hiding it.
- The post count on your profile will decrease when you archive a post.
- If you wish to unhide or bring that post back on your profile then it is possible. Moreover, all the likes and comments will be recovered. The post will be shown on your profile based on the date it was uploaded.
Recommended: What happens when you block someone on Instagram
Here’s how you can access the Archive folder and unarchive posts if desired.
How to See Archived Instagram Posts?
- Under your profile screen tap on the timer icon(Archive) at the top right. You can find it at the place where gear/cog icon(Settings) used to be earlier on the iOS app. On Android app, the Archive or timer icon is present to the left of 3 dots(Settings) icon.
- This will open up the Archive folder and all your archived photos or videos will appear here.
Unhide or Unarchive Instagram Photos or Videos
- In the archive folder, tap on the photo or video you wish to unhide.
- When the post is opened, tap on the 3 dots at the top right and select Show on Profile.
With this, the post will appear on your profile and will be located according to its original uploaded date. The post count will of course increase.
Similarly, you can bring back other hidden posts to show on your profile whenever desired later.
So, this was everything about the Hide feature on Instagram. We hope you were able to hide certain posts on Instagram. If you found this guide informative then please share it on social media.
What are your thoughts about the latest Archive feature on Instagram? Do let us know in the comments.