Translating web pages from any other language to English is a basic feature that any browser has. Chrome has translate functionality for both desktop software and its mobile apps. But what about most of the iOS users who extensively use Safari browser because of its nifty features? Do they have to live with this limitation of Safari on their iOS devices? Don’t you even think about it as in this tutorial we are going to let you know a way to easily translate webpage in Safari on iPhone or iPad.
Safari browser for iOS doesn’t have the translate functionality officially but you can use the following steps to get it.
Translate Webpage in Safari on iPhone/iPad
1. To get started, you need to head over to App Store on iOS device and install Microsoft Translator app. Alternatively, you can directly use the following link if you’re reading this article on your iPhone.
2. On successful installation, launch Safari browser and visit the desired web page you wish to translate.
3. Once you’re there, tap on the Share icon(square with an arrow coming out) at the bottom. Swipe left on the bottom row in the popup which appears and select More at the end of the list.
4. On the next screen, you will see Microsoft Translator. Toggle it to ON. You can also set its position in the list which comes at the bottom row on tapping the Share icon. In order to do so long press the three horizontal lines icon to the right of it and drag to the desired position.
Arranging it according to your convenience will allow you to access it quickly.
5. After turning on Microsoft Translator, tap on Done at the top right corner. Now, swipe right in the Share icon Menu bottom row until you find Microsoft Translator. Tap on it.
Wait for a few seconds and let the app do its magic. You should see the page translated into English.
Also Read: How to Learn Language Through Music
We hope that you were able to translate webpage in Safari on iPhone or iPad without any hassle. If you are having any issues while doing so then let us know in the comments below.