With WhatsApp and Facebook messenger being used by users all around the globe, the language barrier is bound to happen. Your friend or colleague may message you in Russian, Hindi etc. which you might not understand. To know the meaning of the message in the language you’re familiar with, you can copy the message and switch to Google Translate. After that, paste the text into Google Translate to finally translate the message. Doing this once or twice is fine but what if you have to do this over and over again. Tedious, isn’t it? To avoid that, we are here with this tutorial which will let you translate WhatsApp or Facebook chats instantly within the app itself.
The method will not only work for WhatsApp and Facebook but also for other apps. This means you can translate within any app on Android.
So, let’s get on with the steps.
Translate WhatsApp or Facebook Chats On Android
1. Head over to Play Store and install Google Translate app or tap here.
2. After installing the app, open it. Now, tap on Hamburger icon(Menu) at the top left corner.
3. Select Settings from the menu drawer.
4. Next, select Tap to Translate.
5. Toggle the Enable switch to ON.
With this, you can access Translate feature inside any Android app.
6. Open WhatsApp and tap and hold the desired message until you see a new menu at the top.
7. Tap on the Copy icon. As soon as the text is copied to the clipboard you will see a Google Translate icon on the screen. Tap on it to translate the message.
By default, it will translate the message to English. It is possible to select the target language based on your liking. You can even use the Tap to Translate to reply to the message in the sender’s language. In order to do so tap on New Translation and type the message in English.
It will be automatically translated to the language in which you received the message. Tap on Copy and then paste it to finally send the message.
Recommended: How to Translate Any Android App Into Any Language
We hope that you were finally able to translate messages into your own language. If you found the information valuable then don’t forget to share the article on social media.