The other day I was speaking to a furniture guy regarding some color samples. He asked me to message him on WhatsApp to give a reminder for sending the samples. There should be no surprises here. It had to be WhatsApp, being the most popular messaging service. However, why would I add that person’s number to my contacts list? That’s when I came across this issue of sending a WhatsApp message without adding contact. Well, after researching and playing around a bit I found a solution for both iPhone and Android. So, here’s how to send WhatsApp message without saving number.
Send WhatsApp Message Without Adding Contact in iPhone
I have tried the method and it works perfectly at the time of writing this article(22 September 2017)
1. Open Phone app and select the Keypad tab.
2. Type the desired phone number and place a call by tapping on the Green call icon but disconnect it immediately from the next screen.
3. Now, select the Recents tab where you will see all the call logs including the one dialed above. Tap on i icon against the number you dialed in earlier step.
4. On the next screen, tap on WhatsApp option. You will be taken to WhatsApp with a video call being placed automatically. Disconnect the call immediately. Doing this makes the number appear in WhatsApp Calls tab.
5. Next, in WhatsApp, select the Calls tab and tap on the i icon next to the same number you don’t want to save.
6. Finally, select the message icon which will take you the chat screen with that number. Send your message as you would normally do.
Once the chat is initiated, you can easily chat with that person by opening their conversation in WhatsApp.
Now, let’s move on to the method for Android.
Send WhatsApp Message Without Saving Number on Android
To send a message on WhatsApp to unsaved number you will need a third party app.
- Download and Install Click2Chat using the following link from Play Store.
- Open the app after it is installed successfully.
- Select the country code and type the phone number followed by the desired message.
- Now, tap on Send Now and select WhatsApp. Tap on Just once.
- This will take you to WhatsApp with your message typed in. Tap on the right arrow icon to send the message.
Using this app, you can start chatting on WhatsApp without adding contacts. Once the conversation begins you can then directly use WhatsApp for chatting. The app also allows you to schedule WhatsApp messages.
We hope that these methods helped you to chat with someone without saving their number. If you found the tips here useful then don’t forget to share this article on social media.