You might be aware of the blocking feature in WhatsApp wherein users can block contacts or other users. Are you curious to know if someone blocked you on WhatsApp? If that is the case then definitely this WhatsApp block checker list at TechUntold will answer most of your questions. We will help you figure out if you have been blocked on WhatsApp.
Check If Someone Blocked You On WhatsApp
If for a particular WhatsApp contact you observe the following things mentioned below then it signals that you have been blocked by that contact on WhatsApp.
1. Firstly, go to that contact on WhatsApp whom you suspect has blocked you on WhatsApp. Try viewing Last Seen of that contact. You will not be able to see the person’s Last Seen if the contact is not online at that moment. Also, the ‘Online’ status won’t be visible even if the contact is online at that particular time.
2. You won’t be able to see that WhatsApp contact’s profile picture if he/she has blocked you.
3. Moreover, you will also not be able to view the ‘About‘ of that WhatsApp contact.
4. You can’t see any changes in the profile of that person. The 24-hour status or WhatsApp stories will be visible to you only if they uploaded it before blocking you. Their new statuses won’t be visible to you.
5. If someone has blocked you on WhatsApp then the messages you send won’t be delivered to that contact. This means that any message you send will have only one grey tick forever. You won’t see double or blue ticks for newly sent messages.
Note: The messages you sent to that contact in the period when you were blocked by that contact won’t be delivered even if that WhatsApp contact Unblocks you in future.
6. You will not be able to make WhatsApp calls or video calls to that contact. It will say ‘Calling‘ when you place the call from your WhatsApp account and will never switch to ‘Ringing‘. The user who has blocked you will never receive any call at their end.
How Do You Know If Someone Blocked You On WhatsApp Or It’s Just Privacy Settings?
All the things in the above points are possible even if they haven’t blocked you. They might have uninstalled their WhatsApp after applying all the privacy. So, you can try adding them to a new group or a group that already exists. If the person has really blocked you, then you will not be able to add them. When you try, the pop-up says ‘Couldn’t add XYZ’.
If you notice all of the above for a particular WhatsApp contact then there is a high possibility that WhatsApp contact has blocked you. There is no way to check directly which contacts have blocked you.
WhatsApp has implemented it like this on purpose keeping in mind your privacy when you block someone. Having said that if all of the above qualifies then you can almost be sure that WhatsApp contact has blocked you.
We hope that doubt regarding how to know if someone blocked you on WhatsApp is cleared after reading this article and now you can figure out if you have been blocked by someone on WhatsApp. Let us know in case of any further queries.