As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Facebook has been a part of our lives for more than a decade now. That means we all have posted a lot of stuff over the period of time. Keeping this in mind, Facebook launched On This Day feature a few years ago. It shows you the memories that you shared in the past on a particular day. In case you are having a hard time finding your memory then follow this guide to see and share Facebook memories. We have covered steps for both Facebook iPhone/Android app and website.
Unfortunately, memories can also be bad, sad and painful. It can be really depressing to see a memory of a friend passing away or a relationship break-up. To prevent that from happening, Facebook allows you to set your own preferences of memories you wish to see. It is possible to stop Facebook from showing bad memories with the specific friend(s) or from particular dates. We have mentioned the method for that too here.
If you want to stay on top of your memories then don’t forget to enable Facebook notifications for them.
1. See and Share Facebook Memories
Facebook reminds you of your memories via notifications. But in case you have turned off memories notifications or missed them then you can check them by following the method below. Let’s get started with the steps for the app first.
Method 1: Facebook iPhone/Android app
1. Open Facebook app and tap on the Hamburger icon(3 horizontal lines) at the bottom right.
2. Now, come down a little and tap on On This Day now renamed to Memories.
3. If you have memory for today then you will see it here. It will show memories for all the past years in case it’s there. In order to share it on your timeline with friends tap on Share at the bottom and select Write Post.
4. Next, type the caption if you wish and post it as you would normally do.
Method 2: Facebook Website
1. Visit Facebook from your browser and log into your account if you haven’t already done that.
2. On the Home screen, click on On this Day now renamed to Memories in the left sidebar. You can find it under Explore section.
3. The next screen will show all the memories if you have any on that day. Click on the Share button to share the memory on your timeline.
2. Filter Or Stop Facebook From Showing Bad Memories
You can set the Facebook On This Day or Memories preferences either from the app or their website. We have mentioned steps for both.
Method 1: Filter Facebook Memories – Desktop
1. Visit the Facebook website and log in to your account if you haven’t already.
2. Now, click on On this Day renamed to Memories option present at the left sidebar in Explore section which will show your Facebook memories.
3. Next, click on Preferences which can be found at the top right of the screen.
4. You can easily select the dates and friends on the window which appears next. Click on Edit next to People to remove memories with specific friends.
After that type the name of the desired friend and select their name from the list. You can select multiple friends. Once done, click on Save.
To stop seeing memories from certain dates, click on Edit next to Dates. After that click on Select Dates. It is also possible to set the date range using a set start/end date. After the selection click Done. You can set multiple dates if you wish. Finally, click on Save.
With this, Facebook will turn off memories from those dates and with the selected friends.
Alternatively, you can make use of the app.
Method 2: View Selective Memories With Date And People Filters – App
1. Launch the app and tap on the Hamburger icon(Menu). On Android app, you can spot it at the top right corner while on iOS it is present at the bottom right.
2. Select On This Day renamed to Memories from the menu.
3. On the next screen tap on the cog icon at the top right corner and select Preferences.
4. Similar to the website, you can select the dates and friends with whom you don’t want to see memories.
So, these are the options you can use to block sad memories and view only the selective happy ones. If you found the information useful then don’t forget to share the article on social media.
We hope that you were able to find and share past Facebook memories and also block bad memories. Do you find the memories feature interesting? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.