Losing data on our phones can be such a disappointment as we store all our important files like photos, contacts, notes, messages etc. on it. Deleting data accidentally or losing it because of a glitch in iOS can happen to most of us. But you don’t need to panic. This is not the first time we are going to help you in this regard as we have already shared quite a few iOS data recovery solutions like PhoneRescue earlier at TechUntold. In this article, we bring to you yet another useful software from PrimoSync that will help you recover data on iPhone without backup. You will learn everything from how to recover data, it’s features, pros and cons in this Primo iPhone Data Recovery review.
Primo iPhone Data Recovery Review
The beauty of these iOS data recovery tools is that they can recover data even if you don’t have an iTunes or iCloud backup. Primo iPhone Data Recovery is no exception. So, without any further ado let’s dive into the details.
How to Recover iPhone Data Without Backup?
The screenshots and steps are from Mac version but there isn’t any difference for Windows.
To get started, download the software from PrimoSync official site. It is available for both Windows and Mac and it does have a trial version that is FREE of cost. So, you can go ahead without any second thoughts.
- Install the software as you would normally do. Open it after it is successfully installed.
- You will see the following Home screen.
Connect your iPhone using USB to your Mac or PC. Make sure to unlock your phone and Trust the computer.
- Within a few seconds, the software should show a message “Your iPhone is connected!” Click on OK.
- Now, the first option(phone icon – Recover from the iOS device) in the left column should be selected by default. Tap on Next at the bottom center to proceed ahead.
- With this, the tool starts scanning your iOS devices for deleted files. Be patient and let it do its work for a few minutes.
- The next screen will show you all the data recovered from your phone grouped by file type. Once the analyzing is complete you should see Recover button at the bottom. But before you click on that, you can select certain files you wish to recover.
- In my case, I selected Photos and unchecked all other categories. Now, the tool gives you an option to either recover the files on your computer or directly to the phone(for certain file types). To make the selection click on the drop-down menu next to the Recover button at the bottom. Select To Mac or To Device and select Recover.
You can set the location for recovered files using Settings(Gear icon) in the left column. The software also lets you specify exported file types for recovered data from the same screen.
- Depending on the number and size of files being recovered you will have to wait before the data is recovered successfully.
Navigate to the exported file location or click on Click here on the successful recovery screen in the software to directly go to the recovered data folder.
The software not only helps you recover data from the iOS device but is capable of much more.
- Retrieve contacts, photos, videos, messages, notes, data from 3rd party apps, reminders and more.
- Recover data from iTunes Backup.
- Restore files from iCloud Backup.
- It also helps in fixing iOS stuck on Apple Logo, recovery mode or black screen.
Now, its time to look at its pros and cons.
1. It is super user-friendly and you won’t come across any difficulties while using the software.
2. The data scanning and recovery speeds are fast.
1. The trial version only previews files and doesn’t allow you to recover them. They can allow recovering files with a limit.
2. There is no option to uncheck/check all file types while recovering files. It is irritating and takes a lot of time to make the selection when a user wants to recover only a few file types.
You can definitely go for it as it not only allows you to recover data from all sorts of sources but does it with ease and in style. Being priced at a $39.99 it is not going to make a huge hole in your pocket and retrieve your data in a jiffy.
Would you give the software a try? Let us know in the comments.