WhatsApp is popular worldwide and is the most used messaging app which you might already know unless you’re living under a rock. But what good is it if you cannot use the app in your local language. In case you are not aware, WhatsApp supports up to 60 languages that include – Spanish, Hindi, German and more apart from English. And if you happen to be Indian then you’re in luck as WhatsApp supports 10 local Indian languages. So, if you wish to enjoy your favorite messenger in your preferred language then follow this guide that explains how you can change language in WhatsApp for Android and iPhone.
Apart from that, Instagram has grown massively in the last couple of years and is now easily people’s favorite place to share their photos and videos. The app’s interface uses English as its default language. However, if you wish to use popular photo-sharing app in your local or desired language then Instagram has given the possibility to do so. Here we have also shared the steps you can use to change Instagram language on Android or iPhone/iPad.
1. Change Language In WhatsApp
WhatsApp uses the language that your phone is using. So, if you set your phone’s language to Hindi then WhatsApp language will automatically switch to Hindi.
Hence, all you need to do is change the language of your phone to the desired language which you want for WhatsApp. Here’s how you can do it for Android and iPhone.
Android: Use WhatsApp In Other Language
There are a lot of brands manufacturing Android smartphones. Most of them, make changes to the stock Android OS so the steps might vary for every phone. However, you’ll get the hang of it once you read the steps below.
I have used the screenshots and steps from Redmi Note 5 Pro.
- Go to Settings.
- Next, tap on Additional Settings and then select Languages & input.
- Now, select Languages.
- Select the language you wish.
iPhone: Change WhatsApp Language To A Different One
- Open Settings.
- Tap on General and select Language & Region.
- After that, tap on iPhone Language.
- Now, select the desired language. You can find the language easily by using search at the top.
- Finally, tap on Done at the top right and confirm to save the changes.
Now, if you are registered number on WhatsApp is with country code (+91) India or (+880) Bangladesh and you are an Android user then there is an alternative method to change app language on WhatsApp.
- Open WhatsApp.
- Tap on the 3 dots at the top right and select Settings.
- Next, select Chats.
- Under Chats, select App Language.
- You will see a list of language in a new pop-up window. Select the desired language and you’re done.
The advantage of using this method is that it will only change WhatsApp language and the rest of the language on your phone will remain the same. However, as I mentioned it is only available for Android phones and limited phone numbers.
Now, let’s get on with steps for Instagram.
2. Change Instagram Language
I have used the screenshots from the iPhone app but there is no significant difference for Android users.
1. Open the Instagram app and go to your profile screen by tapping on the profile icon at the bottom left.
2. Under your profile, tap on the Hamburger icon and select Settings from the menu.
3. Next, scroll down until you find Language. Tap on it.
4. On the next screen, all the supported languages will be shown. Select the desired one and tap on Change to confirm.
The app will close automatically. For the changes to take effect you will have to open the app again or tap on the push notification that asks you to restart Instagram.
When the app opens now, you will see the app text in the language selected above. Also, the push notifications from Instagram will be in the changed language.
The Instagram app supports more than 30 languages which include French, German, Swedish, Spanish, Japanese and more apart from English.
You can always switch back to the English language whenever desired by following the same steps above but selecting English as the language in step 4.
Also, note that the language works on the app basis and not account basis. So, if you have added multiple accounts on the Instagram app, the language for all of them will be changed.
We hope that you were able to change WhatsApp or Instagram to your desired language. Do you find this option useful? Don’t forget to share your thoughts in the comments because we love hearing from you.