Waze is one of the best navigation and traffic app to beat the traffic and take the fastest route. This real-time GPS app not only helps in saving time by showing you the best route but also alerts you about road closures, accidents, and other mishappenings. But apart from these features, Waze still has some shortcomings. Here you will get 7 best Waze alternative apps that will help you to come up with the perfect navigation app for you.
Reason to go for Waze Alternative Apps
Without a doubt Waze Maps are good but some users have faced issues in the app. Some people reported that they faced problems with gas station prices. Some reported for the ads used in the app are too big, which is hampering the user experience. So if you are facing these issues or for some other reason you are looking for similar apps like Waze, I have listed them which are available for iPhone as well as for Android users.
1) Google Maps
At first place, I would recommend you Google Maps as a Waze alternative. Google Maps is a user-friendly app that lets you set up the route very easily. Compared to other apps you will find lots of features in Google Maps.
- Performs very well than other navigation apps on older phones.
- Lots of features like location sharing, street view, save address and many other useful features available.
- You can add multiple destinations.
- Share your real-time location with your contacts.
- Sometimes Google Maps do not have the recent information like road blocks or about some construction work on the way.
2) Here WeGo
This navigation app by Here Apps LLC has got 4+ ratings on Google Play Store and many good reviews too. This app is seen as a good substitute of Waze maps.
- Offline maps are available to save data usage.
- Using Here WeGo, you can find carsharing nearby to your place.
- If you are taking public transport, it will tell you the bus ticket prices and car fares before you head out.
- However, it offers more than 100 countries offline maps but many users are facing problem in downloading it.
- Users are also finding difficult to move it to SD card.
Another similar app like Waze is MapQuest. Many of the features in this app are same like Google Maps like sharing estimated time arrival and location with friends and family.
- Voice navigation feature like Google Maps.
- You can save frequently used routes.
- The app lets you check local weather to plan ahead accordingly.
- You can compare the nearby gas station prices.
- MapQuest is not available in all the countries.
4) Yandex Maps
Yandex maps app is developed by a Russian technology company. It provides detailed information of places, like street names, building names and other such information. The app is available for Android as well as for iOS users.
- You can download maps and use offline available for 1863 cities.
- Provides satellite pictures & panoramas and photos of building for interactive user experience.
- You can see saved locations on desktop, phones or tablets.
- Use compact maps to save space on device.
- It consumes a lot of battery and processor usage.
5) OsmAnd Maps
OsmAnd Maps makes its place in the list of best Waze alternative apps. This app provides high-quality OSM (OpenStreetMap) data. If you want this app to perform faster than use it in online mode.
- Provide voice guidance for every turn.
- It automatically re-routes when you deviate from the actual path.
- It has day/night mode which switches automatically.
- The app will notify you when you are exceeding the speed limit or there is stop signs. But this feature is only available for Android users.
- Users facing the problem with the voice guidance, it sounds robotic and distorted.
- Not as user-friendly as Waze app.
Inrix is a very famous navigation app. People search for the comparison between Inrix and Waze over the web. Both are each other’s good competitor. Take a look at some of the pros and cons.
- The Autotelligent features in Inrix app makes it stand out from others.
- No Ads.
- Smart alerts notify you when you need to leave.
- Sometimes gives the wrong direction when it recalculates the routes.
Maps.me is a good alternative of Waze. It has some common features like turn by turn navigation and offline maps. You can bookmark your favorite locations and even share it with your friends.
- The map auto orients itself to the direction you are moving.
- Share favorite places with friends and family.
- Completely offline usage feature saves your roaming charges.
- Many times search attempts fails in offline mode.
If you want to filter down more among the 7 apps, I would recommend Inrix and Google Maps as the best alternatives to Waze app. However, it totally depends on your requirements. Do share with us via comments which app suited you the best.