There are times where you would like to keep a check on your kids and all their activities just to make sure that they are safe. There are various software and apps that will let you track their location and other smartphones activities. One of them is SpyMyFone. This is not a normal location tracking app, with this you can see all the activities that your kids do on their smartphones.
Whether it’s an Android or iOS, it can be used to monitor any of them. You can see whom they call, text, what they share with friends, and even keep a check on various social media accounts. These are only a few features SpyMyFone offers, here we are going to review this service or app and show you in detail what all it has to provide. So, let’s check out the review and see is if it’s worth using.
As we have already discussed what SpyMyFone is, let’s talk about the features it has to provide. Here you can see and spy on the given items on your kid or any other target smartphone:
- Call Logs and Contacts: You can monitor all the call details with contact name, time and date, and even the contact list of the target device.
- Messages: This will let you see all the messages that the target device receives and sends. You can even see the conversations for social media & messaging apps like Facebook, WhatsApp, Snapchat, Instagram and a few more.
- Browser History and Calendar: See what they are searching for and browsing on the internet more often. Also, see the calendar details that are marked.
- Apps: You can monitor the usage of apps and its activities and even block some if necessary.
- Multimedia: SpyMyFone will show you all the photos, videos and audio or voice files on the device and also the ones that are received from other apps.
- Wi-Fi Details: Here you can also see the details of the Wi-Fi networks the target device is connected, duration and its history.
- Locations and Geo-Fencing: You can also have real-time location information and even set geofencing. By setting geofences for a particular location you will get notified whenever the target device enters or leave that place.
- Additional: Apart from all of the above-given options, there are a few more that are just available for Android platforms. Like Keylogger, keyword alert, Smart Capture (more on these later), SIM card change detection and a few more.
You can spy on an Android device or any iOS device whether it’s an iPhone or iPad. For Android, you will need to install the app while for iOS users, you just have to provide the iCloud login details. The two-step authentication should be enabled on iOS devices for accessing the iCloud account.
How To Set Up SpyMyFone?
Using SpyMyFone is very easy. Go to their website SpyMyFone.com on your web browser and sign up to create a new account with them. After you have created an account and logged in with the same, it will show you all the necessary steps that will be required to connect a target device for monitoring.
In case of target device being Android, install the app on the target device (you’ll get the download link in your account). After that, log in to SpyMyFone account created above. You will need to follow certain steps and disable a few security options on the target phone in order to completely track the target device.
You’ll also get to choose whether to keep the app icon or hide it.
While for iOS there is no need to install the app on the target device. You just need to add the iCloud credentials of the account the target iPhone is using on your SpyMyFone account(dashboard).
Next, go to the setup wizard on the browser tap on Complete. Then it will show you the setup is completed and you can Start Monitoring the device. It will open the dashboard where you can browse through all the details of the target device mentioned above in the features.
From Where To Spy?
You can spy from any web browser on PC/Mac or from any smartphone browser by simply logging in using your SpyMyFone account credentials on SpyMyFone site.
Once you open the website on your browser and log in to SpyMyFone to see or track the added target phone you will be able to see the main dashboard as shown in the image. It will show the device details, battery percentage, WiFi connection, and the last known location. If you scroll down you will be able to the last 5 called contacts and messages with the Phone activity.
In the left side panel, you will be able to see all the various titles and options like Calls, Contacts, Messages, Photos and so on. Just click on the desired option that you want to see the details for and it will show the information that is on the device. It is very simple, and easy to navigate through the menu.
As soon as I set up and logged into my SpyMyFone account, it took a little time to synchronize the data from the target device. But as soon as it synchronized I was able to see all the data of the smartphone I registered without any issue. It even showed all the messages, data from Facebook and other social media apps and even the browser history. Like almost everything that is mentioned in the feature and the website introduction really stands out.
It even allows taking screenshots and accessing it directly from the browser. What I liked here are the Smart Capture, Keylogger, and Keyword Alert.
In Smart Capture, you can enable any given application on the list, and as soon as the person opens the marked app on the target device, it will record the screen.
Then you can see the video of what it was used for.
Keylogger will show whatever is being typed on the target device and it will be categorized under app name, browser etc.
Keyword Alert lets you set a few words and terms that you don’t want the kids to be using on the target device. As soon as they try to use that keyword whether in messages, browser or any other installed apps you will be notified about it via email. Great isn’t it?
Removing And Uninstalling
Removing any added device from your account is also easy, just go to the settings in your account and Unbind the device.
It is possible to uninstall the app on the target device by navigating to the following location.
Settings > Security > Device Administrators > system update service > Deactivate > Get back to Settings > Apps > system update service > Uninstall.
There are different packages for both Android and iOS devices. Ultimate Edition with all the features unlocked starting at $39.99/month and Premium Edition with limited features starting at $29.99/month. While for iOS they have only one plan with all the features unlocked at $39.99/month.
- Easy to use and setup
- Spy Android and iPhone
- Monitor remotely from a web browser
- Reliable tracking of the content on the target device
- Limited monitoring features on iOS
Well if you are someone who wants to keep a check on their kids for their well-being then SpyMyFone is a great option. The best thing is that you can spy both the Android and iOS devices from anywhere using a browser whether on PC/Mac or smartphone. This app will show you each and every activity and things that the person you are spying on does on their smartphone.
I would definitely recommend this tool if you want to keep a check on your kids or any other family members smartphone activity. It may take time to synchronize your data, so give it a little time at first. Give it a shot here.