Are you looking for a parental control app to monitor and guide your kids’ online activity? Spybubble is one of the many spy apps you can use to keep a watchful eye on what your kids do online.
I’ve gone ahead and tested out the Spybubble app to monitor my younger brother’s phone to see how well its features operate. Read this Spybubble Review to see if it’s right for you.
- 1 Spybubble: Benefits
- 2 Spybubble: Full Review
- 3 What We Liked
- 4 What We Didn’t Like
- 5 FAQs
- 6 Spybubble Review – Wrapping Up
- 7 SpyBubble
- 8 Pros
- 9 Cons
The Spybubble app is a worthy investment as its features allow you to keep a watchful eye on your child’s digital activities even while you’re away. When it comes to spy apps, many people have reservations due to the access that it gives you to someone’s device and the fact that that access can sometimes be abused.
However, this access can make a huge difference in monitoring your child and putting online safety measures in place. Spy apps such as Spybubble give you a range of features to do this.
You can monitor your child’s GPS location thanks to GPS tracking. If your child has ever snuck out of the house or gone missing for even an hour, then you know the worry you feel when you can’t find them and the relief you feel when you do.
Apps such as Spybubble that offer location tracking can help you feel more of the latter and less of the former.
In addition to monitoring your child’s location, you can also use Spybubble to block adult websites. This will preserve their innocence for that much longer and make sure they don’t accidentally encounter these websites as popups.
Read my Spybubble review below to learn more about Spybubble’s features and the way it can help you better protect your children.
Spybubble: Full Review
When you think of spy apps, loads of names come to mind such as mSpy, uMobix, and more. However, Spybubble isn’t a well-known spy app, despite the company being founded in 2013. That doesn’t mean that it’s bad, quite the contrary. From my testing, Spybubble seems to be on par with some of the better-known spy apps on the market.
As with most spy apps, Spybubble can work discreetly or you can make it visible on the target phone. I personally allow parental control apps to be visible and I think it’s a good practice. It allows your child to know you’re watching, which can make way for better communication and hopefully better choices.
Spybubble is primarily marketed as an app to catch an unfaithful spouse, but that doesn’t mean it can’t be used for child safety as well.
When it comes to features, Spybubble offers quite a few. Many of them are available on other spy apps, however, the Spybubble app also offers features that you’re unlikely to find on other monitoring software.
Social Media Monitoring
Social media is a big part of every day for both adults and children. It’s where we make friends, consume content, and even read the news. Many use social media platforms such as Facebook to play games or to earn rewards for the games they play off social media.
That being said, having the ability to monitor your child’s social media account can help you protect them. Many parents don’t approve of their children having social media as it exposes the children to too much too early in their lives. However, not all kids follow the rules and sometimes giving them what they want with conditions is the best compromise.
The Spybubble app offers coverage of a wide array of social media apps such as Instagram, Facebook Messenger, Snapchat, TikTok, Reddit, Telegram, WhatsApp, Discord, and more. There’s also a separate section that covers dating apps including Hinge, BLOOM, and Zoosk.
This list of social media apps is the largest I’ve seen thus far as many monitoring apps don’t cover TikTok or Telegram.
The Spybubble app doesn’t only monitor social media. Another handy feature is media monitoring. This feature allows you to view photos and videos on the target phone. In addition to this, you can also use the target device and take photos, videos, and audio recordings of the surrounding area.
The recording features are experimental, meaning they’re not perfect, however, they worked pretty well from my experience. I personally believe these are best saved for necessary emergencies as they can allow you to get information about your child’s surroundings if they’re in danger but you can’t reach them.
Given how much access the recording features give you to your child’s device, I suggest talking to them about it so they know it’s an option and don’t feel violated if you end up having to use it.
The internet is a wonderful place to learn and play, however, it’s shared by everyone and that can present dangers for your children. Spybubble’s internet monitoring feature grants you access to the browsers, browser history, bookmarks, emails, and even Wi-Fi on the target device.
What’s even better is that Spybubble covers a long list of browsers, including Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera Mini, and more. So if you’re worried about your child using some obscure browser that you wouldn’t be able to monitor, there’s no need to be.
Spybubble also allows you to block websites that you see on the browser history list. This means you can prevent them from accessing adult content that they’ve possibly come across before via a recommendation or a popup. You can not only block websites with Sybubble but you can also block the WiFi that the target phone is connected to.
When it comes to all of the other information on the target device, Spybubble groups them under the general Monitoring section. This section covers location, text messages, phone calls, app usage, and more.
I wish these were better organized under different headings but the General section still works as it doesn’t interfere with navigation.
You can use the Spybubble app to monitor call logs, contacts, and text messages on your target device. With the call logs monitoring feature, you can view the number that calls, the time the call took place, and the duration of the call. Text message monitoring shows you the full message as well as the number of the contact the message was received from.
Both options allow you to block the contact/number. This means you can stop people from harassing your child from your Spybubble dashboard.
Spybubble also has a keylogger feature that allows you to view everything typed on the device. Personally, I find this feature handy for helping my child keep track of throwaway passwords or things they may have forgotten.
The location tracking feature for the Spybubble app is limited in comparison to other apps. It shows you the device’s current GPS location as well as its location history. However, it’s lacking a geofencing feature, which, many other monitoring apps have. That said, Spybubble’s GPS tracking was fairly accurate.
Under the General section, Spybubble also allows you to view the apps on the target device as well as the app activity. This is a handy feature for viewing the apps your child is using as well as gathering information about how long they use those respective apps.
You can also block or delete these apps from the target device from your Spybubble dashboard.
Speaking of blocking apps, Spybubble also has a spyware scanner that you can use to find any other spy app that’s installed on your child’s devices.
Spybubble is compatible with Android devices running Android OS 4 and above and iOS devices. But while there is a limit to which Android devices it’s compatible with, it’s compatible with all iOS devices.
It’s important to note, though, that not all of Spybubble’s features are accessible on iOS devices. This is usually the case with monitoring apps, as an iPhone has a different set of security features than an Android phone.
Most times, you’d need a jailbroken iPhone to be able to access the full features of a parental monitoring app. However, there are apps available that don’t require any jailbreaking, check out this list to find the spy app for your non-jailbroken iPhone.
This means if you want to get access to all of the features mentioned above, you’d need to install Spybubble app on an Android phone.
Another difference between Spybubble on an Android vs an iPhone is that you need physical access to an Android device to install the Spybubble app, but you can install Spybubble on a target device remotely if it’s an iOS device. In this case, all you need is the iCloud login credentials for that iOS device to link it to your Spybubble account.
After I’ve covered all of Spybubble’s features, you’re undoubtedly asking yourself, “How much does Spybubble cost?”
Spybubble currently offers three subscription plans:
1-month – $42.49 per month
3-month – $25.49 per month
12-month – $10.62 per month
Each subscription plan grants you access to SpySubble Full Pack, which is all of Spybubble’s features.
If you’re interested in giving Spybubble a test drive but don’t want to spend any money, Spybubble has a One Day Free Trial!
How To Install Spybubble
Now that I’ve covered all of Spybubble’s features, here’s how to install the app on your child’s phone. I’ll be demonstrating how to do it on Android for this tutorial. As you go through the installation process, click next on your desktop as you proceed on your phone.
I wrote this tutorial with the assumption that you’ve already purchased your Spybubble subscription or the free trial.
- Log into your Spybubble account.
- Next, select the type of device that you’re going to install Spybubble. As mentioned before, I’ll be using an Android device for this tutorial.
- Afterward, you’ll see a page that asks you to have everything ready for installation. This includes an active internet connection and physical access to the target device.
- A spy app like Spybubble isn’t available on the Play Store, therefore you have to download it from the Spy Bubble website. Take the target phone and scan the QR code that’s shown on your screen.
- Tap the link that appears to be brought to the website then tap download to download the apk file to the target phone.
- Once the download is complete, tap Open.
- After you’ve opened the file, tap Install to install the software. Once you’re finished, tap Open to open the app.
- Next, tap Agree to Terms and Conditions to begin setting up Spybubble on the phone.
- Now you’ll begin granting Spybubble access to the device. It’ll immediately open the Accessibility settings on the phone, and when it does, toggle on Play Services.
- Afterward, tap Enable Keylogger Tracker so that Spybubble can begin recording all the keystrokes on the target device.
- Now you’ll be asked to use Play Services (that’s what Spybubble will be named) on the phone, toggle it on.
- Once you’ve approved its use on the device, it’ll ask for full control of the phone. Tap Allow to grant Spybubble full control of the device.
- One of the beautiful things about Spybubble is that it offers an automatic setup after this point. This means it’ll simply show you the prompts and you just need to tap allow on your phone for what you want and don’t want.
- Once the setup is complete, you’ll see the following page.
- Now navigate to your dashboard to begin using Spybubble to observe the monitored device.
What We Liked
The Spybubble app is an impressive spy app with some great features to help you keep a watchful eye on your little one. Here’s what I liked while testing the Spybubble app:
- Easy to navigate UI.
- Monitors an extensive number of social media apps.
- Offers GPS location monitoring.
- View media files on the target phone.
- Allows you to block websites.
- Monitors app usage and allows you to block or uninstall apps
- You can monitor calls, and texts, and even block numbers.
- Automatic setup streamlines the installation process.
- Monitors internet activity such as browser history, bookmarks, emails, and WiFi connection.
- Use the target device to record video, audio, or snap photos of the surrounding area.
What We Didn’t Like
- No geofencing features are available.
- Limited features for iOS devices.
How does SpyBubble work?
Spybubble is a monitoring app that works in the background of the target phone to record and share everything that’s done on the phone. This allows you to view what your child is doing and curate their online experience. Spybubble is great for monitoring your child’s digital activity and location.
Does SpyBubble require rooting?
Spybubble does not require rooting of an Android phone to access all of its features. Android devices can take full advantage of Spybubble’s features without any rooting whatsoever. iOS devices, on the other hand, are limited in the Spybubble features they can access due to their security settings.
Spybubble Review – Wrapping Up
What’d you think about my Spybubble review?
Spybubble delivers straightforward installation and great monitoring features. It does the standard location tracking and monitoring of text messages and call logs.
However, where it shines is its ability to monitor a large number of social platforms as well as dating apps. The ability to block websites and apps perfect for being proactive in protecting your child.
If you have any questions, be sure to leave them in the comments below. Don’t forget to share this review too!
- The installation process is made easy with automatic setup and easy-to-navigate UI
- Monitors an extensive number of social media and dating apps.
- Offers GPS location monitoring
- Allows you to track internet activity such as browsing history, bookmarks, emails, and WiFi connection and block websites.
- Monitors app activity and allows you to block or uninstall apps
- Allows monitoring of phone calls and text messages as well as the ability to block numbers.
- You’re able to view the photos and videos as well as remote control the monitored device to record video, and audio, and take photos.
- Features accessible by iOS devices are limited when compared to Android devices
- No geofencing features