Do you want to see if a Kik user is chatting with someone else?
The internet is slowly becoming a more dangerous place, day by day, so we need to constantly be on top of our children’s digital activities as parents.
That’s why it’s important to discuss how to spy on a kid’s chatting app, including someone’s Kik messenger, to help improve your family’s digital security. The kids of my friends use Kik daily to chat with their friends, so I decided to test out some apps that would allow my friends to monitor their accounts.
In this article, I’ll talk about the best ways to monitor anyone’s Kik account using four methods. Here’s a quick overview of the 4 apps I tested for this article.
- mSpy – A robust spy app that enables parents to remotely monitor children’s Kik accounts, track phone activity, read messages, and locate devices using GPS.
- uMobix – A comprehensive Kik spy tool that allows parents to monitor children’s digital activities, read phone data, track GPS location, and scrutinize social media and app usage.
- Spyic – An effective monitoring software for parents, offering features to track Kik messages, view call logs, access phone files, monitor social media usage, and track GPS locations.
- iKeyMonitor – A versatile spy app offering features such as tracking Kik messages, restricting screen time, and unique capabilities like ambient sound monitoring.
- 1 4 Methods To Spy On Someone’s Kik
- 2 Comparison of Apps for Spying on Someone’s Kik Account
- 3 FAQs
- 4 Spying On Someone’s Kik: In Conclusion
- 5 About The Author
4 Methods To Spy On Someone’s Kik
There are certain situations when you need to monitor someone’s Kik account, especially if you’re a parent who wants to ensure your kid’s safety. When these critical moments happen, you must know the best methods to monitor Kik chats. My friends don’t really spy on the kids’ chats, but they used these apps to ensure that they weren’t getting any messages from people they didn’t know.
This section will discuss the four best ways to track another person’s Kik messaging app: mSpy, uMobix, Spyic, and iKeyMonitor.
Also, keep in mind that I’ll be using a jailbroken Android device for this trial, so your results may vary if you’re using a non-jailbroken or Apple device. Remember that rooting your Android phone can be risky. According to Norton, a leading antivirus software company, jailbreaking (or rooting) your phone makes it susceptible to malware and can render it useless.
One of the best methods that I use to monitor someone’s Kik account is through mSpy.
mSpy is spy software that parents can install on a target phone to monitor their children’s Kik app. When installed on a target device, it will send data to an online portal that parents can access on their computers.
This way, parents can remotely monitor what’s happening on every part of their children’s phones.
mSpy can monitor several types of data from the target person’s phone. It can read messages, calendar agendas, call logs, and more. It can also monitor what’s happening regarding app use, so you know what apps are installed on the phone and which ones are being used.
mSpy even gives you the ability to track the device’s physical location using GPS technology, so you know where your children are at all times.
These features show how mSpy is a great Kik spy app. It can also monitor the activity of social media and instant messaging apps, such as Kik, so that you can see Kik messages very quickly with mSpy. I’ve thoroughly tested mSpy before, and it usually works with all the well-known social media apps. As you’ll see below, it even has a dedicated tab for Kik. To learn more about this app, you can check out my detailed review of mSpy to see all its features.
To learn how to spy on someone’s Kik with mSpy, follow the steps below.
Tracking Someone’s Kik With Mspy
Before we proceed any further, remember that mSpy is a paid app. While I’ve tested numerous free spy apps before, the paid ones are usually much more intuitive and have more features.
mSpy pricing starts at $26.99 for the 1-month plan, a 3-month plan costs $59.99, and a 12-month plan costs $99.99 with the lowest per month cost of $8.33. You can find their subscription plans and prices on their website.
You also have to install mSpy first before you can use any of their features to track the target’s Kik messenger. Here’s how to do it:
- The very first thing that you need to do is log into the mSpy platform with your mSpy account. This is where you can see the tutorial for downloading the mSpy app to the target phone.
- Before you do that, though, you need to disable your Android phone’s Play Protect services, which you can do by navigating to the Play Store app on your phone and tapping your profile picture on the top-right corner of the screen.
- From here, tap the Play Protect button to navigate to that setting, and turn it off by tapping the gear icon on the top right corner and tapping the green slider that will disable Play Protect.
With Play Protect disabled, you can install the mSpy app from the desktop platform. The instructions for installation will appear on the desktop screen, so make sure to follow those.
After everything, the dashboard should appear on your desktop.
- You should see data from the target person’s device from the dashboard, such as general activity, most active messaging contacts, most calling contacts, etc. Navigate to the left side of the dashboard, where you should see the feature list.
- You want to get to the feature that will let you monitor Kik, so scroll down until you see the Social Networks category. Click that feature to see the target’s Kik texts.
- On the main screen, you should see several conversation threads. Clicking these threads will bring out specific Kik texts that you can now read.
Here’s a step-by-step video to see how to install mSpy.
mSpy is a pretty comprehensive app with lots of potential – and not just as a Kik spy tool, but for many other things. If you want to know more about this great software, check out my in-depth review.
One of the best Kik spy tools on the market is uMobix . Like mSpy, uMobix is also an excellent Kik spy app that lets parents secure their children’s digital activities. Having tested uMobix numerous times, it’s always my go-to because of its parental control features.
uMobix is also installed on the target phone. Once it’s installed, it sends information to an online portal. It reads phone data, such as SMS, MMS, and calendar entries.
It also lets parents see the most frequently-visited web pages and display search histories, and specific keywords typed to the phone.
Like mSpy, uMobix can also be used as a GPS tracker. The active feature will track the target person and mark their location in a GPS map for the desktop dashboard to see. This tracker is very useful, and I’ve used it several times to ensure my kids don’t wander off on their way back from their friends’ houses.
More importantly, uMobix has a wide range of social media coverage.
This means that uMobix lets parents see the contents of the target device’s social media and IM app use, which includes being able to spy on Kik.
If this sounds like what you want, follow the steps below.
Tracking Someone’s Kik With uMobix
Like mSpy, uMobix requires a paid subscription, with different pricing plans for iOS and Android devices. So you have to buy a plan from their website before you can use it.
For iOS the basic plan costs $29.99 for 1 month and the full subscription with more features costs $49.99 for 1 month, a 3-month plan at $79.99, and a 12-month plan at $149.99 with the lowest per month cost of $12.49.
For Android devices, the basic plan is the same as iOS, costing $29.99 for 1 month. For extra features, the full plan costs $59.99 for 1 month. Alternatively, you can opt for the full plan for 3 months for $99.99, or 12 months for $179.88 with the lowest per-month cost of $14.99.
uMobix can monitor both iOS and Android, but the Android version has more comprehensive features.
With that out of the way, I decided to install the app on a new phone, as I’ve already downloaded it on all of my other devices. So, simply follow the steps below to track a target device’s Kik messages:
- The first thing you have to do before you can track Kik messenger with uMobix is log into the uMobix platform with the account assigned to you after you bought a subscription.
- On uMobix’s welcome page, you should see a drop-down menu on the top right to choose what mobile OS you would like to install uMobix on. Tap the drop-down box and select Android.
- You should then see the screen that will display the installation instructions.
- All you need to do is follow the installation procedures as they appear on the screen. One of uMobix’s strengths is its automated installation process.
- Once you finish the installation process, the dashboard will appear on your desktop browser.
- From the dashboard, go to the features list, which you can find on the lefthand side of the screen.
- Then, scroll down until you see the social media section, which should contain the Kik messenger app.
- Tap the Kik tool to preview all the Kik chats from the target person’s device.
With these steps, you can now track the Kik app of the target person’s device with uMobix. That’s a pretty handy feature, although uMobix is capable of much more, which I’ve written about in my in-depth review of the spy software.
The Spyic app is excellent monitoring software that many parents use to keep their children safe, no matter what they do online.
You can use it to monitor a Kik messenger account. Whatever Kik messages they are sending, Spyic should be able to track it and show it to you, so you’ll know it’s safe.
Spyic has several noteworthy features, such as monitoring call logs, displaying phone contacts, showing browser history, and giving parents access to files saved on the phone, such as photos and videos.
Like mSpy and uMobix, Spyic can also track the target phone through a GPS.
Perhaps more importantly, Spyic lets parents monitor the contents of social and instant messaging apps like Kik. If you want a competent Kik spy tool, Spyic should be one of your primary choices. I personally tested Spyic to ensure that the kids of my friends weren’t receiving dangerous files and unsolicited media from their Kik contacts. And I was able to see all the content that came their way.
Tracking Someone’s Kik With Spyic
Like the rest, Spyic also needs you to pay first before you can avail of their monitoring software. You can get their subscription plans and pricing on their website.
For Android, the basic tier costs $39.99 for 1 month, $59.99 for 3 months, and $99.99 for 12 months. The premium tier costs $49.99 for 1 month, $69.99 for 3 months, and $119.99 for 12 months. Spyic has a family tier for Android which includes three Android devices and costs $69.99 for 1 month, $99.99 for 3 months, and $199.99 for 12 months.
For iOS devices, plans start from premium which costs more than Android at $29.99 for 1 month, $79.99 for 3 months, and $129.99 for 12 months. The family tier for iOS supports 5 devices and comes at $99.99 for 1 month, $199.99 for 3 months, and $399.99 for 12 months.
Spyic also has a business tier for iOS devices which includes 25 devices and costs $399.99 for 1 month, $699.99 for 2 months, and $999.99 for 12 months.
You can get their subscription plans and updated pricing details on their website.
If you’ve secured a subscription, follow the steps below to know how to spy on someone’s Kik with the Spyic app.
- Before installing the app to the target person’s device, you first need to log into the Spyic portal with your credentials.
- You will need to install Spyic to the target phone like the previous two methods.
You can do this by following the setup processon the Spyic portal screen, telling you how to disable Play Protect on the target person’s device and where to download the necessary apps for Spyic to work. This is one of the most straightforward installation processes I’ve seen for a spy app. So it’s a definite plus for those who don’t have a knack for this type of software.
You should land on the dashboard once you’re done with the installation.
- You can access the rest of the tools that Spyic offers by going to the left side and choosing from the icons. Spyic has a pretty limited offering, but you’ll find the social media pop-up options near the bottom part of the list.
- This icon will show a long list of social media and messaging apps that Spyic can monitor, including Kik messenger.
- Clicking the Kik button allows you to see all the Kik messages your children have been sending, plus other information, such as contacts and time stamps.
Here’s a video showing how you can install Spyic on a target phone.
Now, you know how to spy on someone’s Kik using the Spyic parental management app – one of the best Kik spy tools around. If this sounds like what you want to protect your children’s Kik messenger, you should get Kik now.
If you’re still hesitant, I made a full-scale article reviewing this app and all its features.
The last app that you can use as a Kik tracker is iKeyMonitor.
Like the previous two choices, iKeyMonitor is also a spy app. This means that you can read data from the target device with iKeyMonitor, such as all the SMS messages, call logs, contact details, and browser history that you can find on the phone.
However, where iKeyMonitor shines is the ability to restrict screen time on the target phone.
Screen time restriction can be a great feature. Not only can you monitor your children’s Kik messages, but you can also control how much time they spend on the app in the first place. Plus, you can ensure that your child doesn’t surpass the recommended screen time rules. According to Mayo Clinic, a top-ranking hospital in the US, this amount of time is about 1 hour, depending on your kid’s age.
When the kids have a big upcoming test at school, I suggested my friend to use iKeyMonitor to limit their screen time to just a few minutes daily. And I showed them how to use the app to monitor how much time they spend on IM apps like Kik.
Aside from that, iKeyMonitor also offers other unique and advanced features that others don’t have, such as ambient sound monitoring.
Tracking Someone’s Kik With iKeyMonitor
iKeyMonitor is easy to use, but first, you have to buy a subscription. You can choose from either the family plan which costs $16.66 for 1 month with added features or the business plan which costs $9.90 per device per month with a minimum requirement of 20 devices.
However, iKeyMonitor is also a unique option in that they offer a free version – which I tested out for this article. As you’ll see below, I installed the free demo, which still enabled me to monitor Kik.
Follow the instructions below to use iKeyMonitor to monitor the message status of a target person.
- First, go to the iKeyMonitor download page. To try out the free version, tap the Try it Free button.
- You will then be asked to sign up for the app with a display name and email address. Fill in as necessary, then tap Set a Password in the confirmation email they send you.
- Nominate a password, tap Submit, and log in with your new account.
- You should then land on the dashboard, where iKeyMonitor will ask you what device you want to install it to. Tap the appropriate device and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Download the APK file and transfer it to your mobile device.
- Turn off Play Protect and install the APK device you downloaded from the dashboard.
- When asked to enter the license key, click the License button on your computer screen to check your license key and then enter it.
- When you’ve registered the license key, iKeyMonitor will ask you to configure a few things to make the app work properly, but once everything is done, you should see this on your dashboard.
- To navigate to the Kik monitoring feature, go to the features list on the left and click Chats.
- Tapping Chats will show an extended toolbar that displays all the monitoring capabilities of iKeyMonitor. Tap the Kik messenger button and wait for the records to show up. With this, you can now monitor Kik messages with the iKeyMonitor app.
Comparison of Apps for Spying on Someone’s Kik Account
Here’s my final comparison of applications for monitoring another person’s Kik account, examining aspects such as compatibility, pricing, and features.
|Starts at $8.33/month (Yearly Plan)
|1. Reads Kik messages, call logs, calendar agendas
2. Monitors app usage and tracks GPS location
3. Can monitor social media and instant messaging apps
4. Subscription required
|Starts at $12.49/month for iOS and $14.99/month for Android (Yearly Plans)
|1. Reads SMS, MMS, calendar entries, and web pages
2. Can function as a GPS tracker
Provides comprehensive social media and IM app monitoring
4. Offers various subscription plans
|Starts at $8.33/month for Android and $10.83/month for iOS (Yearly Plans)
|1. Tracks Kik messages, call logs, and browser history
2. Accesses files like photos and videos
3. Offers GPS tracking and social media monitoring
4. Different pricing tiers for Android and iOS devices
|Starts at $16.66 per month (family plan), $9.90/device/month (business plan)
|1. Reads SMS messages, call logs, and browser history
2. Allows screen time restriction on the target device
3. Offers a free version for monitoring Kik messages
4. Various pricing plans are available
Can You Spy On Kik?
You can spy on Kik using third-party monitoring software. You can look at another person’s Kik account using one of these four methods: mSpy, uMobix, Spyic, or iKeyMonitor.
Can Someone Track Your Kik Account?
Someone can track your Kik account. So, you need to ensure that your phone is always secured and constantly conduct scans to ensure that nobody follows your Kik messages with mSpy, uMobix, Spyic, and iKeyMonitor.
Spying On Someone’s Kik: In Conclusion
Nowadays, parents need to do everything they can to help their children stay protected. This means that you need to be able to monitor your children’s online activities, whether they’re on Facebook or Kik.
Your family’s digital protection is entirely within your grasp with these tutorials.
I’ve also written other tutorials covering Kik, such as recovering deleted Kik messages or using Kik on the PC to better understand this app. And if you encounter an error message while you’re trying any of these apps out, just let me know in the comments, and I’ll help you out.