Just like WhatsApp messages you can know when your Email was read in Gmail by getting Email read receipts. Track sent emails and see when email is read in Gmail with email tracking app or Google Chrome Extension so to say. Let’s see how to know that your mail is read in Gmail.
See when Email is read in Gmail
In order to track your sent email in Gmail you need to add MailTrack for Gmail extension in your Chrome browser. Follow the steps mentioned below to achieve that and use it to get email read reciepts.
- Go to Chrome Extensions on your Chrome browser
- At the bottom of the page under all your existing extensions you need to click on Get more Extensions
- On next page type MailTrack and press Enter
- On right side MailTrack for Gmail extension will appear. Click on Add to Chrome followed by Add extension
Don’t Miss : How to undo a sent Email in Gmail
- New Tab will open which will ask you to Sign in with Google. Use the Email id for which you want to track sent emails
- Next you need to choose the plan Basic which is free or paid. Paid obviously will have additional features. For now you can go ahead with Free version by clicking on Choose for Free version
There you go!! You are all set to track sent email and know when email was read in Gmail.
Note : MailTrack signature will be added at the end of mail which you can remove by bringing the cursor on it and selecting remove.
Don’t Miss : How to view only unread emails in Gmail
Once your mail is read you will get Double tick in your sent mail and you can see the time by hovering the mouse cursor on the double tick.
Moreover, you will also get a notification on your desktop as shown below :
Do you find getting read receipts for emails useful? Do share how is it useful for you.