WhatsApp has finally rolled out group calling for all the users. We just got the feature on our devices and were able to try it out. Initially, it was made available only on the Beta version and that too for limited users. However, now you can use your favorite messaging app to call multiple friends at the same time. The feature is supported for both audio and video calls. In this guide, we have mentioned quick steps to let you know how you can make group voice and video calls in WhatsApp.
To get started you need to do the obvious – update WhatsApp to the latest version. After you’ve done that follow the method below.
How To Make Group Calls On WhatsApp
I will be using the steps and screenshots from the Android app. But iPhone users won’t notice much of a difference.
1. Open WhatsApp and go to the conversation of the friend who is one of the participants.
2. Now, tap on telephone icon to place a voice call or video icon to make a video call. Tap on Call to proceed.
3. Once this person picks up your audio or video call, you will see an add person icon at the top right of the screen. Tap on it.
4. On the next screen, you will be able to see all your WhatsApp contacts. Select the desired friend you wish to add to the group call from the list or search if required.
5. Similarly, you can keep adding other participants. Please remember, add member icon will disappear once there are 4 people in a group call. Also, other participants can also add other members to the group call.
This is how you can easily make group calls on WhatsApp for Android and iPhone.
One thing I didn’t like is that you have to add the participants one at a time. Currently, there is no option to add multiple people at once. Apart from that, you cannot switch from group voice to group video call which is possible when you are on a voice call with a single contact.
Also Read: How to send Fake Location on WhatsApp
So, WhatsApp has given us another good reason to keep enjoying the popular messaging app. Is this feature useful for you? Share your thoughts in the comments below.