Instagram introduced the direct messaging in December 2013. You can send messages to any profile that has an account on Instagram. If you do not use other social networks much, you can make a group of your friends and chat with them here. Send pictures and messages to many friends at once and also discuss it with the group only. Here are some easy steps to create groups on Instagram from Android or iPhone/iPad.
Create Groups On Instagram
1. Open Instagram and tap on ‘Instagram Direct‘ paper plane icon at the top right corner.
2. In Instagram Direct, tap on the ‘+‘ sign at the top right corner to add the participants in the group.
3. To add the members in your group, select two or more people by tapping on their names and write a message you want to send at the bottom. You can also send an image by tapping on the ‘Gallery‘ icon. From the ‘Camera‘ icon at the bottom left, you can even click a picture, make a small video or Boomerang video and send to the group. Instagram also allows you to send self-destructing messages from the same place.
4. If you choose to click a picture, you can apply the filters, text and stickers. In case you want to send a picture from the gallery, tap on the picture and then, tap on the arrow icon to send. Congratulations, your Instagram chat group is created.
Also read: Best Instagram Hashtags To Follow Right Now
5. You can view the added members and also add more friends to your group from ‘Info‘ icon at top right corner.
You can name the group from the top of the conversation screen on Android and from Info screen on iOS.
So, these were some easy steps to create a group chat on Instagram. You do not have to create private groups separately as all the groups on Instagram are private only. If you have any questions about latest features of Instagram, you can visit other articles or ask here.