With a recent update, Instagram has not only added the ability to archive stories but has also given you a chance to show them on your profile with Highlight feature. Archive lets you automatically save your stories like Memories on Snapchat. But Highlight feature is something that’s quite unique. It allows you to post your favorite photos and videos from your stories to your profile, hence making them last longer. The users who put a lot of resources in capturing their stories will know the importance of this feature. Putting all the efforts for photos and videos that last for only 24 hours is painful, isn’t it? Not anymore, with Highlight coming into the picture. Here’s how to make use of the latest option to highlight Instagram stories on your profile.
The feature is available on Instagram version 25.0 so make sure you have this or the latest one on your Android or iPhone. After updating the app, hop on to the steps below.
Highlight Instagram Stories On Your Profile
There are 2 ways you can highlight stories – one is while viewing your Story in Your Story section and another one is from the Archive.
Method 1: Highlight From Your Story Section
You can use this method if you have an active story.
- Open the Instagram app and tap on your Story avatar(You) at the top of the feed.
- With this, you will see the photos and videos uploaded to your story. Forward or Rewind to get the desired photo/video.
- Once you are on the favorite story that you wish to show on your profile screen, tap on Highlight at the bottom to the left of More.
- Next, select New. Here, you can give a name to your highlight. Think of it as a collection/album where all your related stories will be stored. You can create multiple Highlight collections. After giving a relevant name tap on Add. In case you have already created a relevant highlight collection earlier, select it.
That’s all it takes to highlight stories on your profile. Similarly, you can highlight other photos/videos if desired. The highlighted stories will remain on your profile until removed manually.
Method 2: Add Stories To Highlight From Archive
If you have enabled archive for your stories then this method will work for you.
There are 2 ways you can go about adding stories to Highlight from the Archive.
- Open the Instagram app and navigate to your profile screen by tapping on the profile icon at the bottom right.
- On your profile, you will see a new section below the bio. It is nothing but Highlights. Tap on New(+).
- This will take you to the archived stories. Select the one you wish to add to your profile as a Highlight and tap on Next at the top right.
- As it is a new Highlight collection, give it a name and tap on Add at the top right.
- On your profile screen, tap on the timer icon at the top right corner to go to the archived stories.
- Now, switch to stories archive by tapping on the drop-down menu labeled Archive at the top and select Stories.
- Here, you got two options either tap on the 3 dots at the top right corner and select Create Highlight or select the desired photo/video and tap on Highlight at the bottom while viewing it.
- If you choose the first option then on the next step select the desired photos/videos to add to a highlight and tap on Next at the top right. After that give a name to the highlight and tap Add.
- In case you went for the second option then select an existing collection or create a new one for adding the selected photo/video like in Method 1.
With all of these methods, it is possible to add stories highlights on your profile. To validate you can head over to your profile screen and below the bio, you should see the added highlights.
All your followers will be able to see your Highlights in your profile.
You can always make changes to the created highlights by using the editing options.
Highlight makes it possible to have your stories on your profile and at the same time gives them a chance to last a lot more than 24 hours. What’s your take on the latest feature? Have a go in the comments below.