Do you want to avoid talking to someone on WhatsApp? Then you need to know how to block someone on WhatsApp without them knowing.
Your privacy is essential when you’re messaging online, and if there’s a person you’d rather avoid, you should know how to do so.
This article will discuss three ways to block someone on WhatsApp to preserve your online privacy, especially if you don’t want someone to know you’re online.
3 Ways To Block Someone On WhatsApp
The three main methods to block a contact’s phone on WhatsApp are through your WhatsApp chat, from the WhatsApp Settings, and through a message.
In this section, I’m going to go through each method, step-by-step.
You can easily block a WhatsApp contact without going anywhere except your WhatsApp chats tab. Just follow these steps:
- Navigate to your WhatsApp from your phone to see each individual chat.
- When you’re there, you should be able to see each conversation thread that you have with that contact. Don’t tap the conversation itself – instead, tap the contact’s profile picture.
- This will bring up a new pop-up window with the following options.
- Tap the additional information icon on the rightmost side of the menu. This should be the “i” inside a circle.
- WhatsApp should bring you to the profile options of that WhatsApp contact.
- Scroll down to see the Block Contact button to prevent them from contacting your WhatsApp account.
- Simply tap the Block Contact button, and a confirmation window will appear. Tap Block to confirm, and that blocked contact won’t be able to send you messages again.
You can also check out this YouTube video on how to do this:
With this method, you can block WhatsApp contacts simply by going to the chats tab. It’s one of the simplest ways to stop someone on WhatsApp from contacting you ever again.
However, it does have its limitations because it can take a long time if you want to block multiple people, as you have to painstakingly click each profile just to block them.
Another downside is that you can’t see all the blocked contacts you have on your device.
Luckily, the following process will address that problem and more.
You can also block someone on WhatsApp from the Settings menu.
With this method, you don’t have to go to each chat just to block certain contacts. This means you can easily block multiple WhatsApp contacts simultaneously.
Additionally, you can also use this to block contacts that may not even have an account yet.
If you want to prevent certain contacts on your phone from reaching you on WhatsApp in the future, even if they don’t have one yet right now, this is the way to go:
- Navigate to your WhatsApp from your homepage and open it.
- From the WhatsApp home screen, go to Settings by tapping the three buttons on the top right corner of the interface.
- You will see a drop-down window, which will show the following options. From these choices, tap Settings.
- You’ll see this window open on the Settings menu. From these choices, tap Account and then Privacy.
- The privacy window shows you all the options related to customizing and protecting your privacy while using WhatsApp.
- If you scroll down, you will see the Blocked Contacts tab. Tap to open.
- You should then see any blocked contacts you have on your WhatsApp. Of course, if you haven’t blocked anyone yet, this list will be empty.
- To add a new blocked contact, tap the Add Contact icon on the top right corner of your interface.
- You will then see all of your phone’s contacts listed.
- Tap any of these contacts to block them from reaching you immediately.
- You can simply repeat steps nine to 11 to block any contacts from reaching you on WhatsApp. If you’ve had a change of heart and want to unblock contacts, simply tap their profile, and this option will pop up. Tap Unblock contact to proceed.
This method is very convenient because it allows you to block multiple people very quickly.
Plus, you don’t even need to receive their messages on WhatsApp before blocking them – you simply need to have them in your contacts list to proceed. You can also unblock contacts easily with this method.
However, what if you don’t even have the number saved on your contacts list? The next step will answer that.
From A Message
It’s actually easy to block someone on WhatsApp even if you haven’t saved their number in your contacts list.
This section will discuss how to block someone on WhatsApp without them knowing just from the messages they send to you on the app.
- From your phone, go to your WhatsApp to see the message from the unknown number that’s not on your WhatsApp contacts list.
- Open the message from the unknown number.
- From the main chat window, you should be able to see the option to Block or Add the user from your WhatsApp contact. Tap Block to prevent them from sending you more messages.
- Alternatively, tap the three-button icon on the top right corner.
- From the drop-down menu that will show, tap More.
- This will bring out more options, which will include Block. Tap Block to prevent the sender from contacting you.
This method lets you block another user on WhatsApp even if they’re not part of the contacts list on your phone.
Here’s a YouTube video to see it in action.
Can I Block Someone On WhatsApp?
You can block someone on WhatsApp using several methods. For instance, you can block WhatsApp users through the chat itself. Alternatively, you can also go to the WhatsApp settings and stop more people at once. Or you can simply go to the unknown number’s chat and block them there.
Blocking Someone on WhatsApp Without Them Knowing
You might have varying reasons why you want to block WhatsApp users from sending you messages. Whatever reason you’re doing it, you need to know how.
I explained how to block someone on WhatsApp without them knowing using three methods: through the chat, through Settings, or through the unknown message.
Now you can more easily manage whichever blocked person you have on your list and protect your privacy from unwanted WhatsApp users. I also have a tutorial that will guide you in restricting group access.
Did you like this article? Let me know your thoughts in the comments!