Are your smartphone’s volume or power buttons damaged and not functioning anymore? That doesn’t mean that your phone cannot work anymore. We earlier mentioned how you can control volume on Android or iPhone without using physical buttons. And here we bring to you a useful app available on Play Store which can help you screenshot without buttons on Android. Unlike the method, we shared earlier you won’t need any buttons(power or volume) to capture the screenshot. For iPhone/iPad users the functionality is built right into iOS. So, let’s get the ball rolling and look at the procedure.
Screenshot Without Buttons
1. Visit Play Store and search for Assistive Touch for Android app or use the following link. Install the app and open it.
2. Tap on Layout under Floating Menu section.
3. Now, tap on the + icon and on the next screen come down and select Screenshot.
4. Exit the app and you will see the assistive touch icon. Go to the desired screen you want to capture and tap on the assistive touch icon. Select Screenshot to capture the screen.
You can always get rid of the Assistive touch whenever desired by simply uninstalling the app.
As iOS officially has assistive touch you don’t need any third party app. Follow the steps below to turn on assistive touch on iPhone or iPad.
- Go to Settings and select General.
- Next tap on Accessibility followed by AssistiveTouch.
- Finally, toggle the AssistiveTouch switch to ON.
This will enable assistive touch on your iOS device. To take a screenshot using Assistive touch tap on it’s icon and select Device. Now, tap on More and select Screenshot.
That’s all there is to it.
We hope that you were able to take the screenshot without buttons on Android and iPhone. If you found the tutorial helpful then don’t forget to share it on social media.