There are a lot of hidden features that Instagram has to offer. And getting the rainbow colored text in Instagram Stories is not one of them but getting it quickly definitely is. If you have been selecting the color for each letter individually all this while then the neat hack share here is going to save you the trouble of doing that. Read on to learn the steps to make rainbow text on Instagram stories quickly and easily.
Using this method, it is possible to select a different color for each letter at once. I have used the screenshot from iPhone app but there isn’t much difference for Android users.
Make Rainbow Text On Instagram Stories
1. Open the app and go to the Camera screen by tapping on the Camera icon at the top left.
2. Capture/record desired photo/video. It’s also possible to upload one from Gallery/Camera Roll.
3. Now, tap on the Aa icon at the top to add text. Once you have typed the desired text, tap on it and select Select All to highlight the complete text on iOS. For Android, double tap and highlight the whole text.
4. Next, tap and hold the color ring at the extreme right. In a few seconds, you will see a color block as shown below. Don’t release your finger.
5. After that, you need to use two fingers – one to slide across each letter in the text and another one will be used for colors.
Make sure you do it slowly. As you can see, while sliding we are selecting each letter and a color for the same. When you reach the other end of the text/color you will have the colored or rainbow text you wanted.
Here’s a GIF for better understanding.
Initially, you may find it clumsy but after using the method on a couple of occasions it will be a piece of cake. If you found the information useful then don’t forget to share the article on social media.