It will be unwise to deny the benefits of using the same WhatsApp account on two devices.
People these days carry two phones to keep their work/business life separate from their personal lives.
Now, while using two phones few users like me would like to use WhatsApp with the same number on both the phones as personally, I don’t use WhatsApp for work. So, on my business phone too, I would like to have my personal WhatsApp account.
Officially it’s not yet possible to use the same WhatsApp account on two devices at the same time.
At a particular point in time, you can only use the same account on one device only. However, Facebook has recognized the demand and the Whatsapp team is already working on this feature.
Meanwhile, you can use this easy and quick tutorial showing how to use one WhatsApp account on two phones at the same time. There is no need to root the Android phone or jailbreak iPhone for that.
Useful Read: Get WhatsApp Online Notification For Any Contact
Use Same WhatsApp Account On Two Phones With WhatsApp Web
You can use WhatsApp Web on any iPhone, Android, or on Windows including phones or tablets.
Here’s how you do it:
- Open WhatsApp Web on your second smartphone or tablet using Chrome or Safari browser.
- Now, you need to get a QR code to scan, which is only available on a desktop version of the site.
To get it, request a desktop site.
- For iOS (Chrome on iPhone), tap on the three horizontal dots at the top right corner next to the address bar and select Request Desktop Site (the first screenshot).
For Android, do the steps similarly as you would on iOS (second screenshot).
- You will see a screen with a QR code. The first screenshot below is for iOS, and the second one is for Android.
- It is time to use the first phone now. Open WhatsApp on the first phone.
- Go to Settings and select WhatsApp Web/Desktop.
- Scan the QR code on the second phone using your first phone.
There you go! You will have the same WhatsApp account loaded on the second device. You can even use them at the same time.
On one device you will use the WhatsApp account with the app and on another phone, you will be using it on WhatsApp Web.
Limitation Of WhatsApp Web
Please note that you cannot use the same WhatsApp account on any other browser using WhatsApp Web. If you do so then the session on the second phone will terminate automatically. This means that you can use your account on WhatsApp Web only once at a time.
You can always start using a WhatsApp account on one device either by logging out from WhatsApp Web on the second device or terminating the WhatsApp Web session from the WhatsApp app on the first device.
Here’s how you do it:
- Open WhatsApp app and go to Settings.
- Under Settings select WhatsApp Web/Desktop.
- Finally, select Log out from all computers/devices to end the WhatsApp web session.
Useful Read: How To Save WhatsApp Contacts In A CSV File
You can also watch our video to see how to get the WhatsApp account on two different phones:
We hope that you were able to use one WhatsApp account on two phones without any hassle. This even allows you to post your WhatsApp status from both devices (here’s is how to use WhatsApp status update).
We recommend you to use WhatsApp on your personal computer or secondary devices for privacy concerns and don’t forget to log out once your work is done.
And if you simply want to switch from one device to another, you can do it using WhatsApp backup. Read here about how to do it for iOS and Android.
Let us know in the comments section if you face any issues.