As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
It will be unwise to deny the benefits of using the same WhatsApp account on two devices. People these days carry two phones to keep their work/business life separate from their personal lives. Now, while using two phones few users like me would like to use WhatsApp with the same number on both the phones as personally, I don’t use WhatsApp for work. So, on my business phone too, I would like to have my personal WhatsApp account.
We have come up with an easy and quick tutorial for everyone trying to use one WhatsApp account on two phones at the same time. There is no need to root the Android phone or Jailbreak iPhone to do so using the methods below.
Useful Read: Get WhatsApp Online Notification For Any Contact
Use Same WhatsApp Account On Two Phones
Officially it’s not possible to use the same WhatsApp account on two devices at the same time. At a particular point in time, you can only use the same account on one device only. Having said that there are a few tricks which can help you achieve that.
Method 1: Using An Android App
This method will work if you have an Android device. If you don’t have one then you can skip to the second method shared below.
The Whatscan Pro app can mirror yours or anyone’s WhatsApp account. Here are the steps to make it work.
1. Download and install Whatscan Pro from the Play Store on your second device.
2. After successful installation, open the app. Tap on WHATSCAN.
3. Now, you will see a barcode on the screen.
Note: You can also take screenshots of your chat with the help of the camera icon as shown above in the screenshot.
4. Go to WhatsApp on your primary device. Tap on three dots on the extreme right corner and select WhatsApp Web.
5. Now put your secondary device below the first device, to scan the QR code. That’s all you have to do. Your WhatsApp account will be cloned and you can see the messages on this app as they happen in real time on the official WhatsApp app.
Note: To log out of your WhatsApp account from the secondary device you need to go to the original WhatsApp account on your first device. After that, tap on Settings>WhatsApp Web>Logout from all.
Method 2: Use WhatsApp Web
This method can be used by all the iPhone, Android and Windows users.
We will make use of WhatsApp Web to achieve this. The same solution will work for tablets as well and for all the platforms Android, iOS and Windows.
Let us get to it.
1. Open WhatsApp Web on your second smartphone or tablet using Chrome or Safari browser.
2. Now, don’t get surprised if you don’t see the barcode which needs to be scanned. This is because on a smartphone the mobile version of the website is loaded. You need to Request Desktop Site.
For iOS, tap on Options(box with an upward arrow icon) at the bottom and select Request Desktop Site.
For Android, tap on the three vertical dots at the top right corner next to the address bar and select Request Desktop Site/Desktop Site.
You will see a screen with the barcode as shown below.
3. It is time to use the first phone now. Open WhatsApp app on the first phone. Go to Settings and select WhatsApp Web/Desktop.
4. Scan the QR code on the second phone/tablet using your first phone.
There you go! You will have the same WhatsApp account loaded on the second device. You can even use them at the same time.
On one device you will use the WhatsApp account with the app and on another phone, you will be using it on WhatsApp Web.
Please note that you cannot use the same WhatsApp account on any other browser using WhatsApp Web. If you do so then the session on the second phone will terminate automatically. This means that you can use your account on WhatsApp Web only once at a time.
You can always start using WhatsApp account on one device either by logging out from WhatsApp Web on the second device or terminating the WhatsApp Web session from WhatsApp app on the first device.
Open WhatsApp app and go to Settings. Under Settings select WhatsApp Web/Desktop. Finally, select Log out from all computers/devices to end the WhatsApp web session.
Useful Read: How To Save WhatsApp Contacts In A CSV File
We hope that you were able to use one WhatsApp account on two phones without any hassle. We recommend you to use WhatsApp on your personal computer or secondary devices for privacy concerns and don’t forget to log out once your work is done. Let us know in the comments section if you face any issues.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.