Here’s an easy and quick tutorial to use one WhatsApp account on two phones at the same time. There is no need to root Android or Jailbreak iPhone to use same WhatsApp account on two devices using this method.
It will be foolish to deny the benefits of using two smartphones over one. For a simple reason like keeping the work/business life separate from personal life, we use multiple phones.
Now, while using two phones a few users like me would like to use the same WhatsApp account on both the phones as personally, I don’t use WhatsApp for work. So, on my business phone too, I would like to have my personal WhatsApp account. If you too want this then continue reading.
Use Same WhatsApp Account On Two Phones
Method 1: Use Our Android App – GetChat
This method will work if you have an Android device. If you don’t have one then you can skip to the second method shared below.
We have developed an app which can mirror yours or anyone’s WhatsApp account. Here are the steps to make it work.
1. Download and install GetChat from Play Store on your second device.
2. After successful installation, open the app. You will see a barcode on the Home screen.
3. Go to WhatsApp Web option(Settings>WhatsApp Web) on your first device. Scan this barcode from your other smartphone.
That’s all you have to do. Your WhatsApp account will be cloned and you can see the messages on this app as they happen in real time on official WhatsApp app.
If you found the app useful then do share it with your friends. Also, don’t forget to rate it on Play Store.
Method 2: Use WhatsApp Web
This method can be used by all the iOS, Android and Windows users.
We will make use of WhatsApp Web to achieve this. The same solution will work for tablets as well and for all the platforms Android, iOS and Windows.
Let us get to it.
1. Open WhatsApp Web on your second smartphone or tablet using Chrome or Safari browser.
2. Now, don’t get surprised if you don’t see the barcode which needs to be scanned. This is because on Smartphone mobile version of the website is loaded. You need to Request Desktop Site.
For iOS, tap on Options(box with an upward arrow icon) at the bottom and select Request Desktop Site.
For Android, tap on the three vertical dots at the top right corner next to the address bar and select Request Desktop Site.
You will see the below screen with the barcode.
3. It is time to use the first phone now. Open WhatsApp app on the first phone. Go to Settings and select WhatsApp Web/Desktop.
4. Scan the QR code on the second phone/tablet using your first phone.
There you go! You will have the same WhatsApp account loaded on the second device. You can even use them at the same time.
On one device you will use the WhatsApp account with app and on another phone you will be using it on WhatsApp Web.
Please note that you cannot use the same WhatsApp account on any other browser using WhatsApp Web. If you use then the session on the second phone will terminate automatically. This means that you can use your account on WhatsApp Web only once at a time.
This trick can also be used to spy on WhatsApp for free.
You can always start using WhatsApp account on one device either by logging out from WhatsApp Web on the second device or terminating the WhatsApp Web session from WhatsApp app on the first device.
Open WhatsApp app and go Settings. Under Settings select WhatsApp Web/Desktop. Finally, select Log out from all computers to end the WhatsApp web session.
We hope that you were able to use one WhatsApp account on two phones without any hassle. Let us know in the comments section if you face any issues.
Which method do you use to use WhatsApp account on two Phones? Share with everyone in the comments.