Even though WhatsApp is the most used messaging app today but that doesn’t mean you cannot try out other chat apps. Are you in a mood to change things up and planning to install a WhatsApp alternative app? Or maybe a situation demands you to reinstall WhatsApp. In situations similar to these you will have to uninstall WhatsApp. In this tutorial, we help you with the same by taking you through the steps to remove WhatsApp from iPhone and Android devices.
Uninstall WhatsApp on Android
There are a few methods on Android with which you can get rid of WhatsApp.
- Go to Settings and select Apps.
- On the next screen, all the apps installed on your device will be shown. Tap on WhatsApp.
- Under WhatsApp, tap on Uninstall and select OK on the confirmation message.
- Open Play Store on your device and search for WhatsApp.
- When you are on the WhatsApp listing page on Play Store tap on Uninstall.
- Tap on OK to confirm your decision.
Long tap on the WhatsApp app icon on the Home screen until it starts to jiggle. Tap on the x icon to delete the app.
Remove WhatsApp on iPhone
- Press the WhatsApp app icon on the Home screen until it starts wriggling.
- Now, tap on the small x icon on the WhatsApp app icon.
- Tap on Delete to proceed with the WhatsApp uninstallation.
Here are a few more handpicked WhatsApp articles for you.
These are the available options to uninstall WhatsApp from your smartphone. So, whatever the reason for uninstalling use these methods and clear space on your smartphone by removing WhatsApp.