Even though WhatsApp is the most used messaging app today but that doesn’t mean you cannot try out other chat apps. Are you in a mood to change things up and planning to install a WhatsApp alternative app? Or maybe a situation demands you to reinstall WhatsApp. In situations similar to these you will have to uninstall WhatsApp. In this tutorial, we help you with the same by taking you through the steps to remove WhatsApp from iPhone and Android devices.
Before proceeding ahead we recommend you to take WhatsApp backup. It will help you in restoring the chats if you decide to come back later. If you don’t know how to backup chat on WhatsApp, don’t worry we’ve got you covered.
Backup Chats On WhatsApp
1. Open WhatsApp on your smartphone. And go to Settings by tapping on three dots at the top right corner. Next, tap on Chats to create a backup.
2. Now tap on Chat backup, and select a Google Account in which you want to create a backup. After that, tap on Back Up to simply backup all your chats.
1. Go to phone Settings, now tap on your iPhone profile name and select iCloud. Next, make sure iCloud and WhatsApp are enabled.
2. After that, open WhatsApp on your iPhone. Then tap on the Settings tab at the bottom right corner. Now go to Chats > Chat Backup > Back Up Now to back up your chats.
Following these steps, you can backup chats on both Android and iOS devices. After you’ve taken the backup then you’re safe to uninstall the messaging app.
Uninstall WhatsApp On Android
There are a few methods on Android with which you can get rid of WhatsApp.
- Go to Settings and select Apps.
- On the next screen, all the apps installed on your device will be shown. Tap on WhatsApp.
- Under WhatsApp, tap on Uninstall and select OK on the confirmation message.
- Open Play Store on your device and search for WhatsApp.
- When you are on the WhatsApp listing page on Play Store tap on Uninstall. Now tap on OK to confirm your decision.
Long press on the WhatsApp app icon on the Home screen until it starts to jiggle. Tap on the x icon to delete the app.
Remove WhatsApp On iPhone
- Press the WhatsApp app icon on the Home screen until it starts wriggling.
- Now, tap on the small x icon on the WhatsApp app icon. Tap on Delete to proceed with the WhatsApp uninstallation.
After uninstalling Whatsapp from your phone if you ever feel like installing it again. Then you can follow the steps given below to reinstall WhatsApp and backup your chats.
1. Download and install WhatsApp from Play Store on your phone. Once the app installs open it and tap on Agree and Continue. Now enter your phone number and tap on NEXT.
2. After that, you will receive an OTP on your number to confirm it. Once your number is confirmed, it will ask for permission to find and restore your backup from Google Drive. Tap on CONTINUE to allow permission.
3. Now tap on RESTORE to restore all of your messages on WhatsApp.
After that enter your name and tap on NEXT to create your WhatsApp account.
1. Install WhatsApp from App Store on your iPhone. Now open the app and tap on Agree & Continue. After that, enter your phone number on which you will receive an OTP.
2. Enter the OTP you receive to confirm your phone number. Now tap on Restore at the top right corner to restore your chats. Finally, enter your name and add your photo to create your WhatsApp account.
Here are a few more handpicked WhatsApp articles for you.
WhatsApp is the most downloaded texting app in the world, but there are many people who don’t like it that much at first. So they uninstall it from their device, but after some time, they reinstall it due to lack of options. So, we hope that we could help you out in either uninstalling or reinstalling WhatsApp on your device with this article. Also, you can opt for other 3rd party apps for backing up your WhatsApp chats, but they come at a price.