As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
How many times does it happen that the video which we are recording on Snapchat or Instagram is interrupted because the finger was lifted off that Capture button? That perfect moment is not captured because you accidentally moved your finger off the Capture button. In this article, we bring to you a solution to this problem wherein you can record Snapchat videos without holding the Capture button or without hands so to speak.
Record Snapchat Videos Without Hands
This Snapchat trick will only work for iOS users and will make use of AssistiveTouch.
Apart from Snapchat, you can make use of the same trick to record Instagram videos without holding down the capture button on iPhone.
Let us get started.
1. Open Settings and select General.
2. Under General, tap on Accessibility.
3. Select AssistiveTouch under Interaction in Accessibility Settings.
4. Toggle AssistiveTouch to On and select Create New Gesture…
5. Tap and press on the screen and move your finger in a Circular direction.
6. Select Save at the top right corner and give this gesture the desired name. Tap on Save so that the gesture can be used later.
7. Now open Snapchat and on the recording screen tap on AssistiveTouch bubble. Next, select Custom followed by Video(or whatever name you set for the gesture earlier).
8. Now, you will see a circular icon hold and drop it on the Capture button.
That is it! The video will start recording and you need not press and hold the Capture button to record the video. The video will stop recording automatically once the gesture completes. If you notice the length of the video recorded will depend on the time span of the gesture. So if you want to record a bit longer video then make sure to prolong the gesture while creating it in the steps above.
You can use the same method to record Instagram video without hands as well.
If you notice the length of the video recorded will depend on the time span of the gesture. So if you want to record a bit longer video then make sure to prolong the gesture while creating it in the steps above.
We recommend you to read the following Snapchat tutorials as well.
We hope that you were able to record video on Snapchat and Instagram without holding down the capture button. If you like this Snapchat/Instagram trick then do share it with your friends. They will definitely thank you for helping them record videos without any distraction.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.