Planning to make your home smart? Nowadays, almost all electrical appliances at your home can be connected to a remote, speaker or a phone. Then, they can be controlled with just a tap or command. While making your home a smart home, one of the first things to do is controlling all the lights with a single device. The new device from Koogeek has made this task very easy. So, in this article, we will tell you what this device has to offer and is it really worth buying?
Koogeek Smart WiFi Light Switch Review
The Wi-Fi-enabled, Koogeek Smart Light Switch is compatible with your Apple devices and works with Apple Homekit. This will replace your one-way switch and allow you to control the connected lights. You can switch the lights on and off through your voice command with Siri or by tapping the dedicated buttons on the free ‘Koogeek Home’ app.
- Koogeek Smart Light Switch
- 3 Wire nuts
- 2 Screws
- An Instruction Manual
Requirements For Installation (Compatibility)
- ‘Koogeek Home’ app from App Store (free).
- iPhone or iPad with iOS 8.1 or above.
- If you want to control the light switch when you are away from home, then Apple TV with tvOS 10.1 or above or an iPad with iOS 10.1 or above.
- Koogeek Smart Switch is used in the place of ‘single pole switch’ only. This is not compatible with 3-way switches.
- Neutral wire.
Once installed, there is pretty much nothing to do for you and it is easy to control. Just Open the ‘Koogeek Home’ app on your smartphone while sitting comfortably on your couch and tap the respective buttons for switching on and off the lights.
2. Voice Control With Siri
This is the best feature one could ask for. Once the app is downloaded it automatically pairs to Apple Home and you can command the lights with Siri. Just set a name for each switch and command the switch with their names.
3. Protection From Over-heating & Over-current
The switch has the in-built soft-start circuit which prevents over-current. If in any case, the current on the wires goes beyond 12A or if the temperature around the switch rises above 85ºC, it will be cut off automatically.
4. Power Consumption Tracker
The free ‘Koogeek Home’ app is efficient in checking if the light is connected and if connected, the app can provide real-time, daily and monthly data about the power consumption.
5. Access Remotely
If you have Apple TV (4th generation or above) with tvOS 10.1 or above or an iPad with iOS 10.1 or above, you can set them as a home hub. This will help you access and control the smart switch even when you are away from your home.
Now, that you know what the device is capable of, its time to scan the pros and cons of Koogeek Wi-Fi Enabled Smart Light Switch.
- Easy and quick installation
- Easy pairing with your Apple device
- Simple to use or command
- Safe usage because of good quality material
- More than 1 Apple devices can control a single switch
- Attractive price
- Not compatible with Android devices.
- Can’t work without a neutral wire.
The Smart Switch is priced at $45.99. However, most of the times there is a discount up for the taking.
Easy installation, convenience and safety are all the reason to be content with this device. If you are searching possibilities of a smart home with smart lighting, this seems a fair deal to start with. You can buy it on Amazon using the button below.