As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Paytm, a very fast growing online payment app that has increased its popularity in India. It means pay through mobile, where you can pay bills, recharge, and make other payments through the app while saving time. Paytm provides great services, but maybe there are certain issues due to which you may not want to continue using the Paytm or the account created.
You might have switched to another number, changed your device or no longer have the access to the number which you used to create the Paym account. There are a few ways with which you can delete your Paytm account from the smartphone using Android or iPhone application, email/call and directly from the web. So let’s see the methods to delete Paytm account.
Delete Paytm Account From App
Well, there is no direct way to delete your Paytm account from the app, but you can follow these steps for doing so.
- Open the Paytm app on your mobile and from the main homepage of the app tap on the hamburger icon on the top left. From this slide menu, select 24X7 Help.
- Now you will see a list of options that Paytm will suggest for help. Tap on More Products & Services, go down and select the Profile settings.
- Again the app will list you with a few issues, from which you have to select I need to permanently close/delete my account.
- After this select, I have lost my phone/forfeited my number. Then Paytm will show you the necessary steps involved in deleting your Paytm account.
- Now go towards the bottom of this page and select Message Us. Here you will need to provide a valid explanation why you wish to delete your account permanently and then tap on Send.
- Remember, before sending the message, make sure your Paytm account or wallet is empty. Later the support guys from Paytm will contact you and within 4-5 days your account will be deleted permanently. Closing the account will unlink your email id, bank account, and phone number.
Also Read: Paytm Business Model: How do they make money
Delete Paytm Account Using Call Or Email
In this method, you can simply delete your Paytm account by contacting Paytm either by call or email. In my opinion, calling is the best option as in this method your request is registered and implemented quickly.
You can contact Paytm through a call on 0120388388 or compose an email to [email protected]. Keep in mind you should call from the number which is registered with Paytm and in the email do attach your id proof so that they can verify your account.
Delete Paytm Account From Web
- Open the Paytm website on the browser and log in with your Paytm credentials.
- Now take the mouse pointer to your profile name and from there select 24X7 Help.
- This will take you to the help page. Under, Help us understand your concern click on My account. And after that select issue category, I need to permanently close/delete my account.
- Further, select I have lost my phone/forfeited my number and then it will show you the suggestions for closing the account just like in the mobile app. Scroll down and select Message Us.
- Just like from the app, write a message to Paytm stating the reason for deleting the Paytm account, provide a valid email id, and select Submit Your Query.
- After this Paytm will contact you and provide the information for deleting your account with a confirmation message or mail once the account is deleted within 2-4 days.
So these were the methods to delete your Paytm account permanently. There is no direct option for deleting the account, no matter what method you choose you will require to contact Paytm team and then wait for their further instructions for the same.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.