Do you want to share your PDF files with someone but they are password protected? Or maybe you want to remove password so that the file can be accessed quickly as it is irritating to key in the password everytime you want to open them. Follow this easy guide to remove password from PDF document without any software on Windows and Mac.
Password protected Adobe PDF files go a long way in providing security and privacy. Documents like bank/credit card statements, ITR(Income Tax Return), Payslips etc. are most probably locked with a password and it is always good to have them locked as they contain personal information.
But, what if you have to share any of the above document with some other person, agency or company. Like in my example, I had to submit my payslips to apply for a credit card. It doesn’t seem logical to send them the locked file with the password.
In order to overcome this issue, I found a way to delete the password from those PDF files and that is exactly what I am going to share here.
So, let’s kick off.
Remove Password From PDF File Using Chrome
In order to make the PDF documents free of any passwords you need download and install any software. You can easily make use of your favorite Chrome browser.
If you don’t have it then this is the best reason to install Google Chrome browser on your computer now.
It is available for both Windows and Mac.
1. Open the desired password protected PDF file with Chrome browser. If you have any issues whatsoever in opening the file then follow open PDF files in Chrome.
2. You will be asked to enter the password. Type the password and click Submit.
3. The document will load. There will be options to download, rotate and Print the file. Click on Print icon at the top right corner.
4. On the next screen, you should see a left sidebar which has a Destination option. We need to set it to Save as PDF. If it is already Save as PDF for you then you can skip to the next step.
For users who do not have it set to Save as PDF, click on Change and select Save as PDF.
5. Finally, click on Save and save the file with the desired name and location.
Now, navigate to the location you saved the PDF file above. Open it.
Voila! The file will open without asking for the password.
Similarly, you can use this hack to remove password from all other desired PDF files.
Also Read: iSkysoft PDF Editor Pro for Mac Review
Also Read: Convert PDF to Word on Mac
We hope that you were able to get rid of passwords from your PDF files. If you found this tutorial useful then share it on social media.
Having any queries or thoughts? The comment section is waiting for you.