Doesn’t matter if it is some office project or a personal objective, sorting it into a list is the best way to achieve your goal. And Trello does the exact same thing. By making it easy for you to systematize your entire work, it helps you to track your performance more efficiently.
There’s so much that you can do on Trello. Like shaping your entire project in the form of a board and categorizing your work through different lists. Or creating a team, so that different people can work together to achieve a common goal. However, looking at a board including a number of tasks can be boring at times, especially if the board is not customized in an attractive manner. But by including an option to change Board’s background, Trello makes sure that the board created by you looks captivating.
So in this article, we are going to tell you about different background options. While guiding you through a simple process to change Trello Board Background from PC and even from Android and iOS devices using Trello app. Not only Board but we also provide you with a way to set background color for Trello Cards.
Different Trello Background Options
Trello provides you with a number of backgrounds options so you don’t run out of choices. Basically, you can choose a background from 3 different sources.
- Stock Images from Unsplash: Unsplash is an incredibly huge collection of stock photos. From a cute picture of a dog to a breathtaking picture of a volcano, you can find everything on Unsplash.
- Solid Color Options: This is best suited for those who want a decent solid colored Board Background without any images.
- Custom Images: If you’re not satisfied with the stock images on Unsplash, then you can upload custom images from your own collection to Trello. (Note: To upload custom images, you need to be a Trello Gold or Business Class Subscriber)
Change Board Background On Trello
In Web Browser
- First, Log into Trello and you’ll directly reach to your Boards Section.
- Select a board to change its background.
- Now, click on the “Show Menu” option on the upper right corner of the screen.
- After getting to the menu, select the “Change Background” option.
- Now, click on the “Photos” option to see the Unsplash stock photos collection. (You can also choose solid color options or upload your own custom image if you’ve Trello Gold or Business subscription.)
- Simply click on any photo to set it as the Board Background. (You can also search for a particular category of photos by typing the keyword in the Search Bar.)
In Android App
If you’re using Trello app on your Android smartphone, then you can easily set a board background through the app. Just follow these simple steps to do that.
NOTE: As of now you can’t upload any custom image from the Trello Android app. You can only choose between different custom images previously uploaded from your web browser.
- Launch the Trello Android app on your smartphone and you’ll directly get to your board section.
- Select the Board you want to customize.
- Tap on the menu icon and select “Board Settings” from the menu.
- Now, tap on the Background and select any solid color or Unsplash stock photo to set it as the board background.
In iOS App
The user interface of the Trello app in iOS is slightly different from Android. But other than that, you can also upload custom images directly from the iOS app. Which is not possible with Trello application in Android devices.
- Launch the Trello iOS app on your device and select any board to change its background.
- Tap the Menu icon on the top right corner of the screen.
- Now tap on the Settings Icon to go to board settings.
- And finally, select “Background” to see the color and photos option. (If you’re a Trello Gold or Business subscriber, then you can tap on the + icon to take a new photo or upload an existing photo to set it as the background)
Change Card Color On Trello
At the time of writing this tutorial, the option to set background color for individual cards is not available natively in Trello. However, here’s a workaround that can let you do that.
- You’ll need to use Chrome browser and take help of Card Colors extension.
- After adding the extension, head over to Trello and go to the desired Card. On moving the cursor to the Card you will see a pencil icon. Click on it.
- Next, select Edit Labels from the presented options.
- Choose the label depending on the background color you want for the Card.
- You can also give a name to a Label. For that, click on the pencil icon that appears when you take the cursor to the Label.
- Now, in the Name field type the name you want it to have and click on Save.
- With this, the Card will get a proper background color that you selected above.
In the image below, you can see the difference in the background color you get with the default Label and the one while using this extension.
An attractive interface somehow keeps you motivated to work more frequently on a particular tool. That being said, a good background plays a major role in making a board look more captivating on Trello. With so many options available on Trello, you can choose a background from thousands of photos. Moreover, with the Android and iOS app, customizing your board could never have been easier.