When Whatsdog was launched, it gained its Android user base very quickly because of the features it offered. It lets you spy on any of your WhatsApp contact “Last Seen” without coming online. After Whatsdog, many developers came up with similar apps that let you know anyone’s last seen and also track when someone comes online on WhatsApp. So here we are going to cover 5 best Whatsdog alternative apps for you.
Need For Whatsdog Alternative Apps
As Whatsdog is not working anymore, the users are looking for the alternative apps which can serve the purpose to view the WhatsApp contacts last seen. The app was discontinued from Google Play play store after some time but was available separately to download. Even after that users were facing downtime in the app and the features were not working properly.
I have checked and tested all the below-listed apps in order to explore all the features of the apps. I have also mentioned pros and cons to give a clear picture to help in deciding the best app for you.
1) WhatsMonitor for WhatsApp
This a great app and a very good substitute if you compare it with Whatsdog features. It will show how many times a user came on WhatsApp and how long they were online. Giving you a clear picture of someone’s Whatsapp activity. You can also look at the WhatsMonitor review.
- Works even if someone has disabled the last seen.
- You will receive notification as soon as someone comes online on WhatsApp.
- You can see anyone’s WhatsApp last seen even if you’re blocked by someone.
- No downtime.
- You can add unlimited contacts to spy.
- WhatsMonitor gives you only 2 days trial period after which you have to pay to use its features.
Price: Free for 2 days(trial period)/In-App purchase
Another choice you have is WhatsAgent. It allows you track any WhatsApp contact’s activity free for 7 days (trial period). Similar to Whatsdog, you can view anyone’s last seen timestamp even if it is turned off. It presents the stats in a rich graphical format.
Take a look at the pros and cons of WhatsAgent.
- Attractive design and graph to show user’s WhatsApp activity.
- You can compare two people activities. This is useful to check both the user’s presence at the same time or not and figure out suspicious activity.
- Feature to export data to excel file.
- No Push Notification: Even though it is mentioned in Google Play store that you will receive notification when someone comes online but when I tested, it didn’t work for me.
- Unlike WhatsMonitor app, this app does not provide the exact time the user came on WhatsApp and left.
Price: Free for 7 days(Trial period)/In-App purchase
Whatscope makes its place in the list of best Whatsdog alternatives. It has 1 day trial period to get aware with the app and check the functionalities and features. Once you add a number, it takes around 10 minutes to register and start tracking the activity.
- You will quickly receive a push notification on your mobile as soon as someone comes online on WhatsApp.
- It also shows how many times a user checked into their WhatsApp app in a day.
- 1-day Free Trial: The app forces you to give the 5-star rating in order to use the one-day free trial.
- Downtime is faced by some users.
Price: 1-day trial/ In-App Purchase
Like other apps, Wossip also works as a WhatsApp online notifier to provide all the time data like when a user goes offline or online on WhatsApp. In order to use the app, you will have to verify the email id using the verification code.
- When a user is active on WhatsApp, you will immediately receive a notification about their online presence.
- It will also track when someone changes their profile picture and text status.
- It takes a lot of time (around 1 hour) to start monitoring the WhatsApp contacts.
Price: 24 hours free trial/In-App purchase
5) Whats Detective
This app is not available in our country. So I was not able to install and test the app. However, it has good reviews. If it is available in your country, just give a try. This app is seen as a good alternative to Whatsdog.
Cons: Not available in all countries.
As all the mentioned Whatsdog alternatives are available for a trial period, you can try all of them and finally go with the best-suited app. Do let us know via comments which app you liked the most.