Social networking giant Facebook is used by one and all to be in contact with our friends,colleagues,family and loved one’s.With social media we always need some privacy and Facebook provides us the same via Privacy Settings.Privacy settings in Facebook help the users to hide or lock their profile pictures and other pictures from public or specific people.This setting is pretty necessary to use looking at the increase in users of Facebook so that unknown user/stranger is not able to get access to your profile picture or other albums.However,even after using this setting there is a way where one can view hidden profile picture in Facebook.In this article we are going to share how to view hidden private profile picture in Facebook.
READ ALSO: How to see who viewed your Facebook profile?
View hidden private profile picture in Facebook
There are two ways to achieve this and view anyone’s profile picture in Facebook even though they might have locked them.
Method 1 has stopped working after an update to Facebook API in June 2015. However, Method 2 is working perfectly fine.
Method 1- View Hidden Profile Picture in Facebook
- Log in to your Facebook account
- Go to the Profile of the user whose profile picture you want to view
- Right click on the Profile Picture and select Copy Image URL
- Paste the URL anywhere(MS Word,Notepad or in address bar in new Tab)you like.
- Edit the URL-Remove the part in the URL starting from “/hprofile-ak“till “160×160“
For example if the URL is-
Note:If you copy this URL paste it in URL address bar and Hit Enter you will see the Profile Picture in small dimension(160 X 160) as in Facebook profile of that user.
Change/Edit this to-
If you observe “/hprofile-ak-xfa1/v/t1.0-1/p160x160” is removed from the above URL.
- Copy the edited URL and paste in URL Address Bar.Hit Enter or just Hit Enter if you copied and edited the URL in address bar itself
There you go! You will view full hidden private profile picture of the Facebook user whose Profile Picture URL you copied.
ALSO READ– 5 Most Interesting Facebook Facts
Method 2- View Hidden Profile Picture in Facebook
- In this method, you need to know the User ID of the user whose profile picture you want to view.
- Log in to your Facebook account and visit the Profile of the user whose profile picture you want to view.
- When viewing his/her profile in the address bar you can see the username of the user.
- You can follow our article on find Facebook User ID or visit the following website – Get Facebook User id from username to get the User id from the Username
- Enter the Facebook profile URL of the user whose profile picture you want to view and click Find Numeric Id
- Use the User Id in the below link
For example, if user id is 1111111 then you modify the above link to-
- Copy this link in URL address bar of your browser and Hit Enter.
With these two methods you can view hidden private profile picture in Facebook of anyone.However this was just for informative purpose and you should not view others personal data.
ALSO READ–Why Facebook is Blue in color?