With the recent update of WhatsApp, some users are criticizing the new WhatsApp status update feature while some are appreciating it. The status is same as Instagram and Snapchat stories which will be visible to the contacts for 24 hours. And if anyone views a users’ status, the owner of the status will come to know that they viewed their WhatsApp status. If you don’t want that and wish to hide viewed from someone’s WhatsApp status then we got a solution for you. In this article, we will let you know how to view anyone’s WhatsApp status without notifying them.
Before we start with any tricky methods here’s a simple bonus tip.
The first and official method to achieve this is by disabling the Read receipts option by navigating to the Settings->Account->Privacy->Read receipts. If you see anyone’s WhatsApp status after turning off read receipts, they will not get to know you viewed it. But there are few limitations with this method as mentioned below.
Limitations: Firstly, along with others not able to see that you viewed their status, you too won’t be able to know who viewed your WhatsApp status. Second, your read receipts for chats will be gone. This works similar to read receipts and is disabled for both the parties.
So, if you do not want to disable the read receipts & to overcome the limitations above follow the tricks below for Android and iPhone.
Method 1: View Anyone’s WhatsApp Status Without Notifying Them On Android
This solution only works for Android device to hide your seen from WhatsApp status of others. For iPhone, you can skip to the 2nd method.
1) Open WhatsApp and swipe to the status screen. Stay on that screen for a few seconds to refresh and load all the status properly.
2) Do not open the status you want to see without notifying the user. Now close the WhatsApp app.
3) Head over to File manager, if you don’t have one you can quickly download it from Google Play Store.
4) Next look for the WhatsApp folder and tap on it.
5) After this tap on Media folder to move to next step.
6) But what you need now is “.Statuses” folder which you cannot see in the above picture. Generally, this folder is hidden; you can make it visible from the options as shown below. I am using the default file manager of my device, the option to show hidden files may appear different in your file manager.
7) Once the “.Statuses” folder is visible, tap on it.
8) Whoa! The status of all your contacts is there on the list. Now you can see anyone’s WhatsApp status with photos and videos without them knowing. You can also download someone’s WhatsApp status on your device from here.
You can use this easy to follow tweak and enjoy viewing anyone’s WhatsApp status without being seen as long as you want.
Now, let’s move on to the iPhone trick.
Method 2: Watch Someone’s WhatsApp Status Without Letting Them Know On iPhone
To be honest this method has a few restrictions but believe me when I say that this the best shot iPhone users have got.
1. Open WhatsApp and go to Status tab with Wi-Fi or cellular data turned ON.
2. I recommend you to swipe downwards on the screen and wait for a few seconds for the updates to load. Not a mandatory step but just to be on the safe side.
3. Next, turn OFF the internet connection (Wi-Fi and Cellular Data) on your smartphone.
4. After turning off the Wi-Fi/cellular data, tap on the Status update of the contact you want to view without them knowing.
5. You should see the Photos/Videos/GIF in the update.
In my case, it worked for all the updates except one. So, I hope you too will be able to view the status without data turned on.
Similarly, you may view other contacts status updates and hide your seen if desired.
With this, you have viewed others WhatsApp status without notifying them.
Unfortunately, there are few complications in case of WhatsApp. As soon as you turn on the Wi-Fi or cellular data on your smartphone(without even opening WhatsApp), your seen/view will be reflected in the list of viewers.
So, to overcome this issue, it is better to check the timestamp below the status update of the desired contact. And view it once it is 23 hours older. In that way, you would only have to wait for an hour before you can turn the Wi-Fi back on.
You may even view it when you are sure that you won’t need the internet for the amount of time left for the status to expire.
As the status updates expire automatically after 24 hours so now when you turn on the internet after the status has been removed your view won’t be there as there is no status in the first place.
These were the best ways we could find out and suggest you for Android and iPhone. We hope that this helps you out in viewing WhatsApp status secretly. If you found it useful then please share it on social media to let others know about this trick.
Do you have any other method to hide seen from WhatsApp status of Contacts? Let us know in the comments.