In the last few months, Instagram seems to be in a quite aggressive mood when it comes to adding features to their app. After the recent updates like adding polls on Instagram stories and ability to go live with a friend, it’s time for “Superzoom”. In this article, we will let you know what is “Superzoom” and how to use Superzoom on Instagram for Android or iPhone/iPad.
What is Instagram Superzoom?
Superzoom is similar to Boomerang in the sense that it will allow you to make looping videos but with a different flavor. As the name suggests the video will automatically zoom into a face or object and there’s more. A dramatic background music is added to all the Superzoom videos to enhance the video even more.
The video when recorded will play back and forth like Boomerang with the suspenseful music while zooming into the object/face.
Sounds exciting? Want to record Superzoom videos for yourself? Here’s how.
Use Superzoom on Instagram
The feature is rolled out for both Android and iOS. So, go ahead and update the app from the respective app stores to make use of it.
I have used the steps and screenshots from Android app but iOS users can follow the same as there isn’t any difference in the method.
- After updating the Instagram app to the latest version, open it. On the home/news feed screen tap on the Camera icon at the top left or swipe right to open the app’s Camera.
- Now, along with other options at the bottom, you should see Superzoom. At the time of writing this tutorial, it is in between Boomerang and Rewind. Select it.
- Next, point the rear or front camera to a face or desired object and tap on the capture button. This will record a 3-second superzoom video with background music added by default.
- To record a longer video tap and hold the Capture button.
- Once you’re done with recording the video you can either save(using the Save option at the bottom left) it to your phone’s Gallery/Camera Roll for sharing it elsewhere or post it as your Story(Your Story option)
- It is also possible to send it as a direct message to your friends on Instagram by tapping on Send to at the bottom right. Select the desired users on the next screen and tap Send at the bottom.
That’s all there is to it.
We hope that you are able to use and record Superzoom on Instagram. It has definitely added more entertainment to the Instagram app. Are you enjoying Superzoom? Share your thoughts in the comments below.