We have got a lot of queries from our readers regarding uploading multiple stories on Instagram. Even though it is a simple affair but somehow users are facing issues and not able to find the option to do so. I have answered the same in the comments on the article where we mentioned how you can upload photos or videos in Instagram stories from Gallery or Camera Roll. But looking at the magnitude of the inquiries we have come with the dedicated article to let you know how to add multiple photos or videos to Instagram Stories on Android or iOS app.
So, let us get started.
Upload Multiple Photos Or Videos To Instagram Stories
In a recent update, Instagram has added a more convenient option to select multiple media from Gallery at once for adding to story. But it is only available on the Android app for now. So, if you are an iOS user you can skip to the second method. It can also be used by Android users but why use that when you have a better way.
Please note that the second method is the way to go if you wish to add multiple pictures/videos while capturing from Instagram Camera and not from your phone’s Gallery or Camera Roll.
Method 1: Android
1. Launch Instagram and go to its Camera as usual.
2. Tap on Gallery icon at the bottom left to add photos/videos stored on your phone.
3. Now, tap on the Select multiple file icon present at the top right corner.
4. This will give you the freedom to select multiple photos and videos. Tap on the desired media files and select Next when you’re satisfied. You can undo a selection by tapping on it once again.
5. The next screen will allow you to edit the photos/videos you selected individually. You can switch to different files by tapping on their respective thumbnails at the bottom left. Then you can do all the editing like adding filters, stickers, text etc. for them.
If you wish you can also remove specific selected photo/videos. In order to do so, long press on the desired file thumbnail or simply tap on its thumbnail again when selected and select the trash icon.
6. Finally, tap on Next and share the photos/videos to your story at once or send them to your friends.
Method 2: On iOS And Android For Uploading From Gallery Or Instagram Camera
The steps and screenshots used in this tutorial are from the iOS app but the procedure remains the same for Android.
1. Open the Instagram app and on the home(news feed) screen you have following 3 ways to add the first photo/video to your story. You may choose any one of them.
- Tap on Your Story where all the stories of users you follow are shown above the news feed.
- Select the Camera icon at the top left corner of the Home screen.
- Swipe right on the news feed screen.
2. Using any one of the options will take you to the Camera screen where you can easily upload photo or video and create an Instagram story. You can also add photos/videos from Gallery or Camera Roll to your story.
3. Now, you have one photo or video in your story. In order to add more than one post to your Instagram story come back to the Instagram Home screen. What most of the users are doing wrong is that they are tapping on the Your Story avatar on the story tray at the top of the news feed which shows them their already uploaded photo/video with no option to upload another one. Instead of that follow the method below.
On the news feed screen, you have following 2 ways to get to the Camera screen to upload the second or more stories.
- Either tap on the Camera icon at the top left corner.
- Or Swipe right on the news feed screen.
4. Using either of the two options will take you to the Camera screen where you can add another photo or video to your story.
5. To upload the third photo or video to Instagram story follow the same method from Step 3.
After uploading one story, follow the method from step 3 to add any number of posts to your Instagram Story.
The drawback of this method is that you need to add multiple posts to story individually. But iPhone users don’t have the luxury of any other option.
We hope that this article helped you to add multiple photos or videos to Instagram Stories. If you found this helpful then please share it on social media.