Instagram Stories has gained a lot of popularity since it was launched in 2016. It has surpassed the monthly active users on Snpachat from which the feature was cloned. But not everything is perfect. Isn’t it? It is the same with the Instagram stories. It is not possible to post a video longer than 15 seconds to Instagram stories. But is that enough? Not really, at least in my case. If you too are annoyed by the same 15-second video limit then you are going to love this sweet tutorial 🙂 Here, we are going to get around this video length restriction and upload long videos to Instagram Stories on iPhone and Android smartphones.
Using the methods mentioned in this guide it is possible to add videos longer than 1 minute on Instagram Stories and even more than that if desired. So, let’s get to it.
Officially it is not possible to have videos in stories more than 15 seconds so what we are going to do is trim or split the long video in small clips of 15 seconds and then add multiple videos to Instagram stories from smartphone’s Gallery or Camera roll. They will all be in continuation so it will feel like a complete video.
Here are the options you have to cut videos on your Android and iOS devices.
Upload Long Videos To Instagram Stories on iOS
App 1 – Continual
For iOS, there is a paid app Continual which automates the whole process. Using this app, all you have to do is select the video and it will automatically split the video into smaller parts of 15 seconds each. After which you can post the multiple videos to your story.
However, if you are one the users like me who don’t want to spend money to accomplish a task like this then there is a free app as well. Of course, you will have to put in a little bit of manual effort in that case.
App 2 – Crop Video – Cut Videos Editor To Trim & Split Vid
- Use the following link to install the app on your iPhone or iPad. The publisher of the app is Eduardo Lostal.
Launch the app once it is installed.
- Allow the app to access your photo library. All the videos will be loaded into the app. Tap on the video which you wish to split and tap on Select at the top right corner.
- Now, select, Trim & Cut from the listed options.
- On the next screen, select Cut tab at the top. After that, move the marker at the bottom to start of the video 00:00 and tap on Start Here. Next, slide the marker to 00:15 and select End Here. After setting the start and end, tap on Done at the top right.
- To save the trimmed video tap on share icon at the top right and select Gallery or you can directly share it to Instagram as a story from within the app.
- Now, go back and select the original full-length video. Similarly, move the start and end markers to 00:15 and 00:30 respectively. In my case, the video is shorter in length so the end marker won’t be at 30 seconds. Again trim and save it. You can follow the same method until your video is completed in parts of 15 seconds.
Once you have multiple 15 seconds videos you can upload them to your story as usual.
Post Lengthy Videos To Instagram Stories on Android
Android users can make use of VidTrim app. It is available for free on the Play Store.
- Launch the app and select the video you wish to split.
- Adjust the start and end markers by sliding your finger. Take care that overall length doesn’t exceed 15 seconds.
- Now, tap on scissor icon and select Save As New Clip.
Similarly, do this operation until you have split the complete video into parts of 15 seconds each.
Apart from splitting the video into smaller parts, you should know how to add videos from gallery or camera roll and add multiple posts to Instagram Stories. If you don’t know about these two then I have mentioned the links to achieve these above in this article.
We hope that you were able to upload long videos to Instagram Stories and express your message more clearly. If you found this tutorial helpful then please share it on social media.