Delete For Everyone feature made it to the popular messaging app WhatsApp last year. It is a handy feature for anyone who is used to sending irrelevant messages to wrong contacts. Using it you can unsend or delete messages not only from your phone but also from the recipients WhatsApp conversation. But there’s a catch, it’s only possible to delete messages that are up to 7 minutes old. What if you wish to remove them after that time frame? Well, a glitch in WhatsApp allows you to do just that. In our guide, we have mentioned the simple steps to be followed to unsend WhatsApp messages even after 7 minutes. The trick works perfectly on both Android and iPhone.
Unsend WhatsApp Messages Even After 7 Minutes
1. First, you will have to quit WhatsApp. On iPhone, you can easily do that by double pressing Home button and swipe up WhatsApp screen to kill the app.
For Android, tap on the Recent Application menu. The icon will vary for every device. On Gionee S7 it is a square icon. When the apps appear, swipe up from the bottom of the screen until you see WhatsApp. After that, swipe right on the WhatsApp screen to close the app.
2. Next, turn off Mobile data and Wi-Fi on your smartphone. You should not be connected to the internet.
3. The next thing you have to do is to change the date and time on your device that is before the sent message date/time. For instance, if I wish to delete a message sent on 6 Jan 10:21 PM then I will change the date & time to anything before 6 Jan 10:21 PM.
On iPhone: Settings > General > Date & Time > Toggle Off Set Automatically > Set the desired Data & Time.
On Android: Settings > Date & Time > Uncheck Automatic Date & Time > Set desired Date & Time.
Limitation: You can only unsend messages that are up to 5 days old. So, this trick won’t work for messages older than that.
4. After you’ve changed the date/time open WhatsApp while the internet is still disabled. Tap and hold the desired message until you see a menu.
On iPhone, tap on the right arrow and select Delete while on Android you need to tap on delete icon at the top. You can also select multiple messages.
After making the selection tap on Trash icon at the bottom left(iPhone) and select Delete For Everyone.
5. Finally, you can turn on the internet and restore the data & time if desired.
When you come back in the conversation you will see that the message has been deleted for all the parties.
Recommended: How to Read Deleted WhatsApp Messages on Android
We hope that you were able to delete WhatsApp messages that are older than 7 minutes. Don’t forget to share the article with others so that they are also able to make use of this WhatsApp snag.