As hibernate uses less power than sleep, people prefer to use hibernate. It lets you open your system in no time with everything as it is where you left off. By default, the option for hibernate is disabled on Windows 8/10. In this article, I have explained how to turn on or off hibernate on Windows 8/10, depending upon your requirement you can enable or disable it.
By default, the hibernate option is missing and Windows users look for the ways to enable it. But if it is already enabled by someone and you want to disable the hibernate option as there are some disadvantages of hibernating Windows, you can do it by following the below listed simple steps. The method to enable or disable hibernate on Windows 10 is same as Windows 8.
Turn on or off Hibernate on Windows 8/10
If you click on start button, under Power option you won’t find the option to hibernate your laptop as shown in the picture. To enable it or do the vice-versa follow the below steps.
1) Open Control Panel on your PC.
2) Look for the Power Options and click on it.
3) A new screen will open, on the left panel, click on “Choose what the power button does”.
4) Next, click on “Change settings that are currently unavailable”.
5) On the next screen, at the bottom, look for the hibernate option, enable or disable it according to your needs and click on Save changes as shown in the picture below.
That’s it. You will not be required to restart/reboot the system in order to reflect the changes. To see the changes, click on power button under start and see whether hibernate option is now enabled or disabled.
The above easy steps to add or remove hibernate from power option on Windows 8/10 let you able to achieve it in few seconds. Still, if you face any problem, do let us know via comments.