How to Turn On/Off Facebook Birthday Notifications on Web and App
If you are one of the Facebook’s 1.86 billion users(as of February 2017) then you can use this easy guide and leverage Facebook birthday notifications feature to never forget your friends birthdays. Or if you are in an opposite situation and irritated by all those birthday reminder notifications then you can disable them by following the steps we will mention here for Facebook website and iOS/Android app.
Whenever we talk about social media, Facebook cannot be left out of the picture. In fact, it is the most widely used social media platform. One of the reasons behind Facebook’s huge success is that it is packed with powerful features. They are always rolling out new features frequently.
Facebook Birthday Notifications
The feature we are going to take up in this article is of birthday reminders on Facebook. It is a great way to recall friends birthdays and eliminating any chance of failing to wish them on their special day.
So, let’s see how to enable/disable birthday notifications on Facebook.
If you are reading this on your PC then follow the first method and if you are reading this on your smartphone it is wise to skip to the second method.
Method 1: Enable/Disable Birthday Reminder On Facebook Website
1. Open Facebook in a browser of your choice and login into your account.
2. Click on the drop-down arrow at the top right corner and select Settings.
3. Under Settings, select Notifications from the left sidebar.
4. Next, click on On Facebook row at the top.
5. Under What You Get Notified About label, you should see Birthdays. Click on the drop-down menu and select On/Off as desired.
With this, you have turned on/off FB birthday reminder notification. The setting will be used for this account on all the devices you use it. So there is no need to separately configure it again for the app.
Method 2: Set Facebook Birthday Reminder Notification on iPhone/Android App
I will use the steps and screenshots from the iOS app but the procedure remains the same for Android with slight changes.
1. Open FB app on your smartphone and tap on the Menu(Hamburger icon) at the bottom right corner.
2. Head over to the bottom and select Settings followed by Account Settings.
3. Next, select Notifications.
4. Now, select Birthdays under What Notifications You Get.
5. Check/Uncheck the box next to Get notifications.
That is it! Next time you will receive notifications whenever there is someone’s birthday in your Facebook friends list!
Please note that you will only receive the notifications if they have not hidden their birthday from friends or you. Users hide it to make their Facebook profile private.
With this, we come to an end of this FB tutorial. I hope you found it helpful. Share it with your friends and help them to make use of this cool feature.