Facebook users join multiple Facebook Groups and keep on getting notifications from those Groups. Some users save the notifications for later read while some get annoyed by these unwanted group notifications. When a group is having too many members and is very active, you receive lots of notifications which are of no use for you many times. So in order to turn off notifications for specific Facebook group on Android, iOS & PC, you can follow this article. The article also helps you on how you can turn off all groups notifications on Facebook without unfollowing them.
How to turn off Notifications for Specific Facebook Group on Android | iPhone | iPad
If you are an Android, iPhone or iPad user and you keep on getting notifications from groups that you do not want, then you can quickly stop receiving those group notifications without unfollowing the group. Below steps will teach you how to turn off specific Facebook group notifications . The procedure is same for Android as well as for iOS.
1) Open the Facebook app, tap on the hamburger/menu icon at top right. In iOS you will see the hamburger icon at bottom.
2) Now scroll down and look for Groups and tap on it as shown in the picture above. This will list out all the Facebook Groups you have joined.
3) Tap on any of the Group for which you want to stop the notifications.
4) On that Group, tap on the joined button. This will popup few options.
5) Next, tap on Edit Notification Settings. It will open the notification settings of this particular group.
6) Look for the “Off” option and tap on it. That’s it; you have turned off notifications for that particular Facebook group without unfollowing it.
You can directly search the group from the search bar and then follow from step 4. However the above method is good if you want to directly jump to all the Facebook Groups you have joined.
How to Disable all Facebook Groups Notifications on Android/iOS at Once
Below steps will teach you how to stop all the notifications from all the groups you have joined on Facebook.
1) Open Facebook App and tap on the menu/hamburger icon.
2) The above steps will open the menu. Look for the App Settings and tap on it.
3) Here under General, tap on Notifications. This will list all the notification items you want to completely turn off.
4) Look for the Group option and tap on it to disable group notifications for all the Facebook groups you have joined.
How to turn off Facebook Group Notifications on PC/Web
To stop notifications for particular Facebook group using PC/Web, follow the below steps.
1) Log in to your Facebook account on your PC.
2) Next, tap on the drop down icon at top right and then click on Settings as shown in the picture.
3) After this, look for the Notifications option on the left panel and click it. This will open notification settings on the right. Click on Edit as shown in the picture below.
4) Now scroll down and look for the Group activity and click on Edit.
5) The above step will pop up a window which will have all the joined Facebook groups.
6) Against each group, you will find options. Click on it and then choose Off to disable the notifications for that particular Group.
As you can see I have listed all the methods to turn off notifications for specific Facebook Group and for all the Facebook groups at once. Do let me know via comments if you have any problem while disabling Facebook Group notifications.