This tutorial is for Google Chrome users who are irritated from push notifications which Chrome shows on their desktop. Are you getting distracted by random and not so useful notifications on your desktop while working? Don’t bother anymore as you are going to learn how to turn off Chrome notifications from Facebook, any other website or even disable Chrome notifications for all websites without using any Chrome Extension.
Turn off Chrome Notifications
Notifications are a great way to stay updated or alerted at all times. Even when you are not on a particular website, with the help of a notification you can get to know about the latest updates. However, sometimes they can be irritating too. In order to get rid of notifications and improve your productivity while working, follow the steps given below :
1. Open Chrome browser and go to Chrome Settings. Copy “chrome://settings/” and paste it in the address bar of Chrome. Hit Enter.
2. Scroll down and click on Show Advanced Settings.
3. Now under Privacy, click on Content Settings.
4. Content Settings window will pop up. Scroll down to Notifications in that window.
5. To disable Chrome push notifications on the desktop for all the websites select “Do not allow any site to show notification“.
If you want to turn off notifications in chrome for a particular website(s) then click on Manage exceptions…
List of websites will be shown select the one for which you want to disable notifications. Click on Allow in Behaviour column, drop down will show you an option to Block. Select it and click on Done.
6. At last, whatever option you chose in step, Click on Done to save the settings under Content Settings window.
Configuring this setting you have successfully disabled Chrome notifications either for all the websites completely or for specific websites.
If you are disturbed by sounds from Chrome browser follow the guide to mute tabs in Google Chrome and fight reducing productivity.
Here are a couple of handpicked Google Chrome tutorials which might help you out.
That was all for this guide. Feel free to reach out to us in the case of any issues in the comments section.