If you are looking for a print screen button alternative or if your print screen button is not working, then you always have a couple of options to take the screenshot on your Windows laptop or a PC. In this article, I have explained two different methods to take screenshot without using print screen button on Windows.
Using one of the methods in this article, you can take the custom screenshot, which is not the case with print screen button. The “prt sc” button takes the screenshot of the whole screen. You do not have to install any software or apps on your Windows system to achieve this task.
Take Screenshot Without Using Print Screen Button on Windows
In one method we will use snipping tool and on-screen keyboard in the second method.
Method 1: Take Custom Screenshot or Full Screenshot Using Snipping Tool
1) Click on the Windows icon on the bottom taskbar.
2) Type in “Snipping tool” and press enter.
3) Snipping tool will open, click on New as shown in the picture.
4) Next, click on the screen and drag to select the part of the screen you want to take the screen and then release the mouse click. This will open the selected area screenshot in snipping tool.
5) Now, click on File and then click on Save As option to save the image to the desired location.
This tool can help you save the partial screenshot and full screenshot as well.
Method 2: Take Screenshot Using On-screen Keyboard
If you want to take the screenshot without Snipping tool then you can use the on-screen keyboard. The On-Screen keyboard is nothing but a virtual keyboard. It will have all the keys available on your actual keyboard. Follow the steps to take the screenshot.
1) Click on the Windows icon and type in “On-Screen Keyboard” and press enter.
2) Once the virtual keyboard opens, you can need to look for the “Prt Scn” key and click on it. This will take the screenshot. You can open paint and paste it.
The drawback with this feature is that it captures on-screen keyboard in the screenshot. So you have to adjust accordingly or use snipping tool.
So you have 2 ways to take a screenshot without print screen button on Windows laptop or a PC. I prefer Snipping tool as it has a feature to take custom screenshots.