Instagram Story, the feature which let us upload photos and videos and share with others for 24 hours. Sometimes comes the situation when we want to mention/tag a person in our Instagram story. The user can be someone you follow or might not follow (having a private/public profile). So in this article, we are going to tell you how you can tag someone on Instagram story. First and foremost you do not need to follow someone for tagging them in your story. The name or username of the person is enough.
Tag Someone on Instagram Story
Android and iPhone users can follow the same steps mentioned below.
- Open Instagram and tap on the camera icon at top left. Click the photo or record the video you want to post.
- After clicking the story, tap on Aa icon on the top right of your story.
- The keyboard will open up. Type @username/@name of the person you want to tag.
- At the bottom of your screen, first, the profile of your friends will appear if you follow them and then the people you do not follow.
- Tap on the picture of the person you want to tag. The username of the person will appear in the underlined text.
- Hold and place the name at the position you want to keep in your story.
There are few extra things that you can do to make your story more colorful. The first thing is by changing the size of mentioned username font. You can change the size of the font by lowering or increasing the bar which is on the left-hand side of the screen.
Apart from this, on the bottom of the screen, there will be different colors available, you can choose any of the colors you like and the text will appear in that color. So you can match the color according to the colors in your photo.
You can also tap A icon in the middle to add/change the background shade of the username text.
Now post the story. This is how you can tag someone on Instagram Story. Also, you can mention multiple people on the same story by repeating the above steps. The person tagged will get a notification and the people who will see your story will directly be able to go to the tagged person’s account by clicking on the username appearing in the story.