Are you receiving a lot of notifications from Facebook friends posts or status updates? That too from random friends who are not even on your Close Friends list. Irritating, eh? Even I also started receiving notifications lately whenever a friend updates their status or adds a new photo. This is irritating, having them in the news feed is one thing but getting notifications for posts updates is distracting as they fill up my phone and Facebook with useless notifications. Fortunately, I found the solution to stop notifications from friends on Facebook about their Posts/Status updates on iPhone and Android app. I thought it might be useful for you too and hence I am here with this tutorial.
Stop Notifications from Friends on Facebook
Getting notifications from close or intended friends status updates is handy. But receiving notifications when random friends update their status or add new photo/video is not acceptable.
So, in this guide, we will mention two procedures. Using first you can turn off notifications for all Facebook friends posts. And with the other one, it is possible to disable notifications on Facebook from certain friends status updates.
1. Stop Notifications on Facebook from All Friends Posts
To turn off notifications for all friends you can use this method. The steps and screenshots are from Facebook iOS app but the procedure is basically the same for Android.
1. Open Facebook app and tap on the hamburger icon at the bottom right corner. For Android app, you will find it at the top right corner.
2. Next, select Settings which can be found at the bottom followed by Account Settings.
3. Under Settings, select Notifications.
4. Now, select Close Friends activity under What Notifications You Get.
5. Finally, tick off the Get notifications by tapping on it.
That’s it. Settings will be saved automatically and you will stop receiving notifications from all friends about their new posts or status updates.
If you wish to stop these notifications only for particular friends then go for the second method.
2. Stop Notifications from Specific Facebook Friends Status Updates
Here’s how you can get rid of Facebook notification every time certain friend posts.
1. Open the Facebook app and go the profile of the friend from whom you want to stop getting notifications about their posts.
2. Under their profile, tap on Friends and select Edit Friend Lists.
3. On the next screen, select Acquaintances and tap on Done at the top right corner.
4. Doing this will remove the friend from Close Friends List and you won’t get notifications about their new status updates.
Similarly, you can turn off notifications for other Facebook friends posts if desired.
You can always revert the settings and turn on the notifications back again if you change your mind later from the same location.
Also Read: How to See All Likes on Your Facebook Page
We hope that this article helped you to disable the random notifications on Facebook from friends status or posts. If you think it will help your friends then please share it on social media.
Have any queries? Let us know in the comments section.