This could be very irritating, getting notifications when someone comments after you on your friends’ post. Unless until you want to keep an eye on who is commenting on your friends’ post, you should turn off the notifications. I have explained two methods to stop Facebook notifications when someone comments after you on a photo, video or a text post.
This feature from Facebook is for App as well as for desktop users. With a similar feature, you can turn off the Facebook notifications from a particular Group or a Page.
Method 1: Stop Facebook Notifications When Someone Comments After You
To stop getting notifications on Facebook from friends posts, follow the below steps.
For App & Desktop: The procedure for Android, iPhone and desktop users is same.
1) Open your Facebook account (on browser/app).
2) Open the post for which you want to disable the notifications.
3) Now click on the drop down icon at top right of the post.
4) Now, choose “Turn off notifications for this post” option.
That’s it. Now you won’t receive any notification for that post on Facebook.
For a quick solution, you can follow method 2.
Method 2: Turn Off Notifications on Facebook for Specific Post
This method can only be achieved through desktop and not from Android or iOS app. So if you are a desktop user, use the below quick steps.
1) Open Facebook website on your browser.
2) Click on the notifications icon and look for the specific notification you want to turn off.
3) Now, click on the three dots next to the notification as shown in the picture.
4) Choose “Turn off notifications about this photo” option.
As soon as you choose the above option, you will stop getting notifications for that post on Facebook.
You can stop notifications from a particular post on Facebook using any of the two methods. Also, you can stop notifications on Facebook from one person.