Facebook-owned Instagram launched Stories in 2016 and within a year there are over 250 million using it. Earlier this year, Stories were introduced on Facebook as well. However, the feature didn’t get much of traction when compared to Instagram which surpassed Snapchat from which the feature was cloned. To change things Facebook is trying everything to get people to use Facebook stories. In their effort to get more users on Facebook Stories there’s a new option introduced in Instagram. It lets you share Instagram Stories on Facebook while posting them from Android and iOS app.
In the last 6 months, I have seen somewhere between 10-20 stories on Facebook in my account having 400+ friends. So you can imagine what a failure Stories have been on Facebook. The latest feature is an attempt to make users share to Facebook stories from Instagram which is already well-accepted. For people who already use Facebook stories, the new option is going to save time by allowing them to post on both the platforms at once.
Here’s how you can make use of it.
Share Instagram Stories on Facebook
Update the Instagram app to the latest version and follow the steps below.
- Open the Instagram app and go to the Camera screen. You can do that either by tapping on the Camera icon at the top left or swipe right on the news feed. If it’s your first story in the last 24 hours then you can even tap on your Story avatar at the top of the news feed.
- On the Camera screen, capture a photo, record a video or upload from Gallery/Camera Roll. Basically, do what you would usually do.
- After you’re done with the editing tap on Next at the bottom right.
- On the next screen, there is a new Share section. Tap on the checkbox next to Your Story. This will enable the checkbox for Your Facebook Story under Share. Tap on it.
- Finally, tap on Send at the bottom.
With this, the photo/video you posted as a story on Instagram will also be shared to your Facebook story. If you wish to delete the story before 24 hours on Facebook you will have to delete it from Facebook. Deleting it from Instagram won’t remove it from Facebook.
Share to Facebook Story Option Missing? Here’s Why
If you are not getting the Facebook Story share option on Instagram in spite of being on the latest version then it could be because of the following reasons.
- If you have a business Instagram profile then you won’t get it. It is because of the fact business account uses one of your Facebook pages and it by default shares Instagram posts to that page whenever you choose to share. And as you might already know Facebook stories are not yet launched for Pages.
- In case you have set sharing of Instagram posts to one of the Facebook pages and not your Timeline. The option to share stories on Facebook will be missing for the same reason above.
As soon as Facebook rolls out stories for Pages the option in the above scenarios should come.
We hope that you were able to share Instagram stories on Facebook. Also, all your queries regarding this new share option must be cleared by now. If there’s still something left then drop a comment and let us know.