Instagram Stories has reached 250 million users and the last 50 million in 2 months have been the fastest ever. They have overtaken Snapchat from which the Stories feature was taken. After introducing location and hashtags Stories, to improve it, even more, Instagram has now introduced live video replays. It is made possible via Instagram Stories section. With the new app update, you can share Instagram live videos to Stories. This means you can now easily rewatch Instagram live videos.
Instagram Live video was not so popular among the users because of the fact it forced people to watch the live video at the exact same time it happened. The video disappeared immediately after finishing. Of course, the reach had to be less so many accounts didn’t use it much. But now, you can now add your live video to Stories which will be visible to your followers for at least 24 hours.
Apart from the live video replay, Instagram has also introduced a Gallery icon on the Camera screen to easily share photos or videos from smartphone’s Camera Roll or Gallery to Stories in the latest update.
Share Instagram Live Videos to Stories
To get the sharing option for your live videos update to the latest version 10.26 or later of Instagram Android and iOS app.
After updating follow the steps below.
- Launch Instagram app and tap on the Camera icon at the top right corner or swipe right on the news feed screen.
- Camera screen will appear. Select the Live tab and tap on Start Live Video. Once you are done tap on End.
- On the next screen, you will see a new Share button and a toggle switch which will be turned ON by default. You can disable it if you don’t wish to share your live video to Stories like before. For now, keep it turned on and tap on Share.
- From the same screen, you can also save your Instagram live videos for viewing later by tapping on Save at the top right corner.
With this, your live video will be added to Stories section of your followers. If you add more photos or normal(not live) videos to your Stories then it will appear as it used to be. For live videos, there will be a video play icon on the circled Story. Have a look at the image below for more understanding.
So, 2 different icons for live videos and stories.
For you, it will appear as a Live tab when you open Stories.
You can share multiple live videos if desired in a day.
Settings and Features you Should Know
- The privacy settings for Live videos remain the same as Story settings. You live video will be hidden for the same users from whom you have hidden stories.
- You can stop message replies on your live video from the same setting as Stories.
- To view who has viewed your live video, open your Stories and tap on the Live tab. Now, swipe up while the video is playing to see the viewers list.
- You can forward and rewind live video by 15 seconds tap on the video while it plays.
- The live video will be available for 24 hours like Stories and will be removed automatically after that. You can delete it earlier if desired. In order to do that, go to your live video and tap on the 3 dots at the bottom right and select Delete. Confirm your decision by selecting Delete on the pop-up.
Instagram live video replays are going to attract more users towards live videos. With Instagram allowing users to rewatch Instagram live videos, there is nothing which can stop them to be the best app with the Stories feature.
We hope you were able to share live videos to your Instagram Stories. Don’t forget to share this article so that everyone knows about this latest feature.