You might know of the self-destructing messages which you can send on Snapchat. But how about sending the same on the instant messaging behemoth, WhatsApp? There is no such feature in the official app but in this tutorial, you will learn how you can send self-destructing messages on WhatsApp on Android and iPhone.
Self-disappearing messages prove useful on some occasions and have gained a lot of popularity. Even Instagram released self-destructing Direct Messages recently. They are really great for privacy and security purposes. But WhatsApp which has more than a billion users doesn’t have the feature of self-destructing messages.
Keeping this in mind, we bring to you a third party app which can help you to do so. Apart from WhatsApp, you can also use this app to send self-destructive messages on Facebook messenger too. Continue reading to know more about it.
Self-Destructing Messages on WhatsApp
The steps and screenshots used are from the iOS app but they should not be much different for Android.
1. Download and Install Kaboom on your smartphone.
2. After installation is complete, open the app. Allow the app access to Camera roll or Gallery when asked. This will allow you to send photos and videos from your phone via Kaboom to other apps like WhatsApp.
3. Now, you will see a screen with your Camera open. You can either click a snap using the circular button at the bottom center or select media from your smartphone using the gallery icon at the bottom left. If desired you can even send a self-destructive text message by tapping on the pencil icon at the bottom right corner.
4. For this example, I tap on Pencil icon. Type the desired message. Now, the most important part here is to set the time or number of views after which you want the message to self-destruct.
To set it, tap on the blue timer visible at the bottom left corner. Select the desired option and tap on Done to save it.
5. After you have set the Message Expiry, tap on Send.
6. Now, it will show you the apps through which you can send the message. Select WhatsApp. Choose the desired contact/group and tap Send in WhatsApp.
The WhatsApp contact to whom you sent the message will receive a link which contains the self-destructive message. Depending on the condition you set in step 4 above.
After the limit you set expires the recipient won’t be able to view the message anymore. The message after expiry will be not be shown.
If you have sent many messages via Kaboom then you can easily track their status by tapping on the Hamburger icon on the Camera(Home) screen and select Kabooms. All your messages with their expiry status will be listed.
Please note that Kaboom saves your message on their server and sends the link of that message to your contacts.
I found this app pretty simple and easy to use. It is useful in the sense that it allows sending self-destructing WhatsApp messages easily on Android and iPhone.
For WhatsApp users we recommend you to go through following handpicked tutorials.
If you found the article helpful then share it on social media. Will you give this app a try? Let us know in the comments.