You might know of the self-destructing messages which you can send on Snapchat. But how about sending the same on the popular instant messaging apps, WhatsApp and Telegram? Unlike Telegram, there is no such feature in the WhatsApp official app but in this tutorial, you will learn how you can send self-destructing messages on WhatsApp on Android and iPhone.
Self-Destructing Messages On WhatsApp
Self-disappearing messages prove useful on some occasions and have gained a lot of popularity. They are really great for privacy and security purposes. But WhatsApp which has more than a billion users doesn’t have the feature of self-destructing messages.
Keeping this in mind, we bring to you a third-party app which can help you to do so. Apart from WhatsApp, you can also use this app to send self-destructive messages on Facebook messenger too. Continue reading to know more about it.
There is an app by the name of Kaboom which is a self-destructing message app. It is available for both
Android and iOS from their respective app stores.
The steps and screenshots used are from the iOS app but they should not be much different for Android.
1. Download and Install Kaboom on your smartphone.
2. After installation is complete, open the app. Allow the app access to Camera roll or Gallery when asked. This will allow you to send photos and videos from your phone via Kaboom to other apps like WhatsApp.
3. Now, you will see a screen with your Camera open. You can either click a snap using the circular button at the bottom center or select media from your smartphone using the gallery icon at the bottom left. If desired you can even send a self-destructive text message by tapping on the pencil icon at the bottom right corner.
4. For this example, I tap on the Pencil icon. Type the desired message. Now, the most important part here is to set the time or number of views after which you want the message to self-destruct.
To set it, tap on the blue timer visible at the bottom left corner. Select the desired option and tap on Done to save it.
5. After you have set the Message Expiry, tap on Send.
6. Now, it will show you the apps through which you can send the message. Select WhatsApp. Choose the desired contact/group and tap Send in WhatsApp.
The WhatsApp contact to whom you sent the message will receive a link which contains the self-destructive message. Depending on the condition you set in step 4 above.
After the limit you set expires the recipient won’t be able to view the message anymore. The message after expiry will be not be shown.
If you have sent many messages via Kaboom then you can easily track their status by tapping on the Hamburger icon on the Camera(Home) screen and select Kabooms. All your messages with their expiry status will be listed.
Please note that Kaboom saves your message on their server and sends the link of that message to your contacts.
I found this app pretty simple and easy to use. It is useful in the sense that it allows sending self-destructing WhatsApp messages easily on Android and iPhone.
Steps To Self-Destruct Photos & Videos On Telegram
Note: Here I have used the steps and screenshots from the Android app but there isn’t much of a difference in the iPhone app.
Please remember, you can not send any self-destructing ‘text‘ messages on Telegram. This feature is only for sending photos and videos.
1. Go to Telegram and open the chat box of the person whom you want to send disappearing messages.
2. Tap on the ‘Attach icon‘ on the bottom right beside the ‘mic’ icon.
3. Choose the photo or a video from Gallery or create using ‘Video‘ or ‘Camera‘ icons. You can choose from the recent pictures appearing there too. You can also select more than one image or video.
4. When you are done selecting, do not tap on send. Tap on the individual picture or video to change the settings for them. If you want to click a picture, the settings will automatically appear when you tap on tick icon.
5. After you open an image/video, tap on the ‘Self-Destruct timer‘ icon at the bottom. You can set the timer from 1 second to 1 minute by sliding up and down there. Choose the preferable time and tap on ‘DONE‘.
6. If you are sending more than 1 file, go back and do the same for all and then tap on ‘Send‘ icon at the bottom right.
Also Read: How To Use Telegram On PC Or Mac
When your friends receive the self-destructing messages, the messages will look blur in their chat box with the timing of self-destruction at the bottom left. They can only see them by long-press on the photo/video. The photo and the video will be visible with the timer at the top and if they take a screenshot, you will be notified.
So, this was an easy tutorial article on how to send self-destructing messages on Telegram. We have already covered many articles on Telegram, you can access them from the search bar at the top or click here. You can destroy your other doubts by leaving a query in the comments.
For WhatsApp users we recommend you to go through following handpicked tutorial.
If you found the article helpful then share it on social media. Will you give this app a try? Let us know in the comments.