A while ago, Instagram added the possibility to follow Hashtags. This made it a lot easier for people to find the content they care about. The popular photos and videos from the followed hashtags appear on your news feed along with other posts from your friends. In case you’re curious to view the hashtags your friends follow then you are at the right place. Here we tell you the steps to see hashtags you or someone follow on Instagram.
With time, you are bound to follow a lot of hashtags and later you may wish to keep a track of them. Apart from that, you might want to know the type of posts your friends are interested in by looking at the hashtags they follow. Whatever the case may be we have got you covered here.
See Hashtags You Or Someone Follow On Instagram
View Hashtags You’re Following
- Open the Instagram app and go to your profile page.
- Under your profile, tap on Following.
- The Following page is divided into two sections – People and Hashtags. Tap on Hashtags tab.
Here, you will find all the hashtags you’re following. If you wish, you can also unfollow hashtags from here.
See Hashtags Your Friends Or Others Are Following
- Go to the desired friend’s profile either by tapping on their username above their photo/video on your news feed or simply search their username.
- The rest of the method remains same. Under their profile tap on Following and then select Hashtags tab.
Below, you can find the FAQ section which is answering queries related to this feature.
1. Can People See The Hashtags You Follow?
- If you have a Public profile then your followed hashtags list is also public. This means anyone including your friends (people that follow you) and others can view the hashtags you follow.
- In case you have a Private profile then only the people following you (friends) can access the information about your followed hashtags.
Irrespective of your Instagram account privacy, if someone follows you then they can view your followed hashtags.
2. Can You See What Hashtags Others Follow?
Again, it depends.
- If the person has a Private profile then you need to be following them in order to view this information.
- For Public accounts, you can always view their followed hashtags with or without following them.
Regardless of the account privacy, you can view the hashtags someone follows if you are following them.
We hope that this article answered all your queries regarding following hashtags. If you have any further questions then feel free to drop a comment and we will get back to you.