More often than not I browse using Safari browser on my iPhone. Of course, it is a handy way to check things on the fly. Recently, while browsing I came across a situation where I wanted to search for a particular word on the web page. Not a big deal if it was my laptop. I could easily press Ctrl+F or use the browser options to find something on a page. But Safari doesn’t seem to have that option. Well, that’s not true. The option to search not being visible on the main screen doesn’t mean that it is not available. In this quick tutorial, we will let you know how to find the search option and easily search in Safari on iPhone or iPad. If you are using Chrome or FireFox browser then you can go through our tutorial on searching for a text or word in Android Chrome/Firefox Browser. The method will be the same for the iOS version of the browsers.
Search in Safari on iOS for Particular Words
It is not as hard as you might think. Here’s how you can use the Find on Page option in Safari to find certain text or phrase on a web page.
1. Launch Safari on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Visit the desired website or web page.
3. Now, tap on the Share icon at the bottom.
4. Next, swipe left on the bottom row until you see Find on Page option. Tap on it.
5. Keyboard with a text field will pop up from the bottom. Type in the desired word or text you would like to search.
6. The search will automatically take you to the first occurrence of the word you typed above. To the left of the text field, there will be up and down arrows. You can use the up arrow to go to the next place that word appears on the page or tap the down arrow to go back to the previous occurrence of that word.
Once you are done with searching, tap on Done.
That’s all there’s to it!
Here a few more handpicked Safari tutorials for you.
We hope that you were able to search successfully in Safari browser on your iOS device. If you found this guide helpful then please share it with your friends.