A recent WhatsApp update for iPhone rolled out the ability to search the list of group members. This means that you can look for a particular member of the group easily by using the Search option in the group. It makes it faster than ever to find the desired group participant and get their info, call or message them privately. If any of this sounds useful to you then follow this guide to know the steps to search group participants on WhatsApp.
You can also search for messages in specific chats or groups on WhatsApp or even in all the chats at once if that is what you are looking for. To learn about searching group participants, read on!
Search Group Participants On WhatsApp
The search participants option is currently only rolled out for the iPhone app. So, Android users won’t find it. iPhone users need to update the app to version 2.18.30 or later to make use of it.
After updating the app follow the method below.
- Launch WhatsApp and select the desired Group where you want to search for a person.
- When you are inside the Group conversation tap on the Group name at the top to go to Group Info.
- Under Group Info, go down where it shows the Participants. Now, you will see SEARCH option at the top right of the list. Tap on it.
- This will take you to Search Participants screen. Type the name or number of the person you are looking for in the search bar at the top.
- If that person exists in that group it will appear in the results. After that, you can tap on their name to get a list of quick actions. From the menu, you can send them a message in personal chat or place voice/video call directly from the group.
Similarly, you can search participants in other WhatsApp groups.
Searching participants is yet another handy feature added to WhatsApp. It not only lets you find a person in the group in a jiffy but also allows you to message or call them immediately. What are your thoughts? Let us know in the comments.
Don’t forget to share this article on social media to spread awareness about this latest WhatsApp update.